Diet Pop.....It helps

on my W.
on 1/5/06 1:57 am - Canada
Hello to all, Just wanted to share this. Two days ago I actually got our the manual that came from the hospital (Tufts New England Medical Centre) when I had my surgery. I was amazed at what I had read and forgotten. Anyway...the diet allows for 1 can of diet pop per day and I have heard many say they have been told not to drink any pop at all. So....I started to have one...especially in the evenings and it bubbles and fills me up so much that I feel like I have had a huge dinner. This trick is working and I know some have sworn off diet soda but at Tufts they say it is ok. Just thought I would share.....Hugs Karen
IrishIze
on 1/5/06 2:23 am - NJ
I have had a diet Pepsi on occasion and usually can't get down more than 1/2 a can before I feel full. Thanks for reminding me - I'm going to get a six-pack tonight and keep it for those occasions that I can't seem to get full. The past couple of nights I have been having a cup of chammomile tea 1/2 hour after I eat and that really fills me up too. Thanks for the reminder! Hugs, Nancy 280/179/155
LDavidson
on 1/5/06 2:08 pm - Bremerton, WA
I haven't actually posted on this board before and usually just lurk... I'm curious, I occassionally do have a soda, diet Cherry Pepsi is my fav. How long does it take you to drink it? Do you shake it at all to try and get the carobonation out of it? I like the idea of having some in the evening, I think I am going to try that. I tend to get hungry close to bed time and it is such empty calories. I try to stick to the don't eat after 8, but I can never do it. I've tried drinking a lot of water but it doesn't seem to satisfy me. I think it is probably just mental...
deeno
on 1/6/06 12:06 am - Kokomo, IN
I don't drink pop out of the can anymore (too much carbonation). I get the 2 liters, so my drinks tend to be a little flat. I also pour over ice to "de-fizz" the pop a little. Sometimes I finish my glass, sometimes not. It is definately a good distraction from food, and a nice little treat. I usually have ~5 ounces during the day at work 4-5 days a week ( I buy the 6 packs with the screw off lids, and one bottle lasts 2-3 days), and I pour ~ 5 ounces over ice at home in the evening, maybe 3-5 days a week. I've never timed myself drinking, but many times, my ice has melted completely before I finish, so it does take me a while. D
MargaretD
on 1/12/06 3:59 am - Nashville, TN
i rarely finish an entire can. usually, it is too warm by the time i get half-way through. My Dr. seemed ok with it when i mentioned it a while back. Although, I am not allowed to count it towards my daily water intake if it has caffeine. and usually, it does! -margaret 238/127/125
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views