More to lose... Thursday's Game Plan

jewelcrown
on 1/4/06 10:20 pm
Yesterday was horrible.... It started with a Krispi Kreme and evolved into an afternoon of grazing... I'm starting anew today with more focus on protein (hopefully to keep me full and away from grazing)! I've already exercised 1 hr. in the water today. I ran laps and climbed 200 stairs. So here's the plan: Breakfast: Tilapia 4 oz Snack: Turkey 3 oz Celery Lunch: South Beach - Pork w/Pecans & Green Beans Snack: Ground Turkey 3 oz Dinner: Shrimp 3 oz Romaine Lettuce Vingarette Snack: Popsicles South Beach - oatmeal cookies Nutrition: Calories: 1089 Fat: 42 Carbs: 25 Protein: 127 I won't give up, no matter how many times I fall.... I'm losing 59 lbs if it kills me! What's your plan? Denise Exercise: 1 hr. water aerobics
IrishIze
on 1/4/06 11:29 pm - NJ
Good for you getting right back on track, Denise!! I did well yesterday - stuck to the plan for the most part, but didn't eat as much as I had planned. I ended up with: 822 calories, 23 carbs, 92 g protein, 80 oz. water I was happy with that but I think I'm a bit low on the calories; especially if I'm exercising. I did the 2 mile WATP videos in two 30-minute installments, the equivalent to walking 4 miles. I was happily rewarded with the loss of another pound this morning, so that's down 4 lbs in three days, and now I'm out of the 180's and into the 170's. My plan for today is: B: Achievone Vanilla coffee (with 20 g of protein) S: Weigh****chers Flakes & Fiber cereal L: green salad with 1/2 cup chicken breast, SF Italian dressing S: 7 Carb Fix pretzels D: Salad with broiled salmon, hard boiled egg, lowfat colby cheese, SF italian dressing S: Flakes & Fiber cereal 80-100 oz water Totals: Calories: 980 Carbs: 31 Protein: 95 Already did 30 minute WATP video, will do another 30 minutes this evening. I'm feeling so much better already!!! Hugs, Nancy 280/179/155
jewelcrown
on 1/5/06 12:53 am
Way to go, Nancy!! You inspire me!! I weigh in twice per month at my doctor's office before the support group. I'll see next Wednesday how I've done. If I can just behave myself for 7 days, I know I'll see progress. We can do this!! Denise 326/229/170
IrishIze
on 1/5/06 1:03 am - NJ
Denise, you're so sweet, but you were the inspiration that helped get me back on track!! I can't wait to hear how much you have lost - I know your efforts will pay off!! Nancy 280/179/155
deeno
on 1/4/06 11:36 pm - Kokomo, IN
Hi Denise! I couldn't sleep last night so I got out of bed and putzed around the house a bit. No exercise at 3 am, but it did hinder my morning plan. I just couldn't get out of bed! I will do some form of exercise today. I haven't decided if it will be more stair master or my Walk Away the Pounds DVD. But, since I have written it here, it will happen. Thanks for holding me accountable! Deeno
jewelcrown
on 1/5/06 1:00 am
Hey Deeno! You've got half the battle won... exercise! I was just reading an old issue of WLS Lifestyles and it mentioned that Americans are gaining 2-6 lbs a year due to lack of exercise!! That won't happen to us!!! Keep up the good work, my surgery twin!! Denise
on my W.
on 1/5/06 1:51 am - Canada
Denise... I am glad you are back on track. I too had cravings last night but thank goodness they came around 10 o'clock and I loaded up on fluid and had cheese and crackers as a snack. I was blessed that they didn't come earlier in the evening. I am down to 172.8 today...OMG...too good to be true.....Nancy....way to go...into the 170's....I new you could do it....and let's talk about this exercise gals...I did a mile and a half on the treadmill and 10 minutes on the exercise ball but I can only do it if my favourite show is on (Yand R) and even then...I just can't wait to get off the treadmill. I have tried gym memberships and all that ....the tv and treadmill right in my bedroom is most convenient but some people are doing an hour or so???? I am not sure if I should be working towards miles per hour or minutes to help me.....I think it is what is making the difference but after 25 minutes or so I want to stop....maybe I should try and increase the speed so that I do 2 miles per day but only have to be on it for a shorter period of time. Anyway I will do at least 1.5 miles today and work up to more. Hugs to all. WE ARE DOING THIS.....HOW GREAT.........Karen from Canada
IrishIze
on 1/5/06 2:20 am - NJ
Karen, why not check out Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds tapes or DVD? The 30 minute walk is the equivalent of a two mile walk, and it's something that I do in a very small area. It is not difficult: walking in place, small kicks, side steps and knee raises is about it. It's a great workout, and I do 30 minutes in the morning and 30 in the evening. On weekends, I just do it once a day. I have to say it makes a lot of difference in the way my clothes fit and in the way I feel. It might be worth a try! Nancy
deeno
on 1/6/06 12:01 am - Kokomo, IN
I get my best exercise playing sports. I don't get bored, and I have a team that needs me to show up or they forfeit the game, so I have to go no matter how lazy I feel. As long as there's a ball, I can chase it for hours. I hate the treadmill, stairmaster, and lifitng weights. Fifteen minutes and I'm dying to quit. Even with a TV, I get bored, but the TV does help a lot. Muscle burns more calories than fat, so maybe you could add some weights into your routine to break up the monotony and speed up your weight loss by increasing your muscle mass. Try doing the treadmill during the TV show parts, and then lift weights during the commercials. This might help you to increase your workout time for the duration for the show. If you don't have weights, grab a large jug of laundry detergent and lift that (if it's OK with your doctor of course!). You'd be suprised the weight lifting things you can do with a jug lof laundry detergent or jug of water or even a can of soup! Really! The hardest part of exercising for me is putting my shoes on. Once I've put my shoes on, it's the point of no return....but as long as my shoes aren't on, I'm still my usuall lazy self. *wink* Deeno
IrishIze
on 1/6/06 3:20 am - NJ
Deeno - I'm right there with you as far as the shoe thing goes!! I think about doing my exercises and I can talk myself all around it. I have to become a robot and head for the exercise sneakers, put them on and it's a done deal... Hugs, Nancy
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views