Hey "slow losers"

JustHat
on 1/3/06 11:58 pm - NM
I hate the term. But, it seems to be the popular one. I was thinking about all of you the other day. I was remembering how discouraged some of you were at 6 months out. And, I was wondering how you all are doing at a year and half out. Did you make your goals? Did you have to reexamine your original goals? Even though it was tough at times, are you still as pleased with yourself as you should be. Hat
(deactivated member)
on 1/4/06 9:48 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
I am a slow loser...still. Nowhere near goal, I am still happy that I have my life back. Sometimes I feel quite discouraged. For the past year, whether I did really well all month or really horribly all month, I lost an average of 5lbs for the month. Unfortunately, since right before Halloween, I pretty much threw in the towel and ate whatever I wanted. Didn't gain anything, but didn't lose anything, either. I had LASIK eye surgery two weeks ago, and that has given me a boost in my motivation. I'm working really hard to stay on track, and so far, so good...although it's only been 4 days. I'm hoping to get down to 199 by the time summer starts...just 27 little pounds away. If I REALLY buckle down, maybe I can lose more than that...but I'm not going to make my goals too big right now, or I'm going to get frustrated all over again. One day at a time... Pamela -125/77 to goal
deeno
on 1/4/06 11:17 pm - Kokomo, IN
Hi Hat! I had my RNY on 7/6 and weighed 280 pounds. 6 months later, I was 215. Now, at 18 months out, I weigh 205. So, I lost 10 pounds last year---so much better than gaining ten, isn't it? *wink* I am 5'10 1/2 inches tall, and I'd like to weigh 180-190. I'm having a TT, thigh lip, and brachioplasty on January 25th, so a few pounds of skin will be removed to inch me closer to my goal. Plus, I'm trying to "kick it up a notch" and lose 6 pounds before my surgery, so that I will go in weighing 199--an unfathomable number for me, but obviously possible. So, if I make it to 199 and then have ~nine pounds removed from my body through the magic of surgery, I will have made the upper end of my goal at 190. My real goal is my size--I'm a 16 now, and I'd like to be a 12/14. This would be awesome. It was always frustrating to me to see everyone losing 100 + pounds while I was stuck at 65-70 pounds forever (I'm now at -75). It made me think of my presurgery days when I tried and tried ( and cried and cried) but just couldn't lose weight. So, now I just don't think about the numbers anymore really. I mean, I still weigh myself 3-4 times a week (instead of twice a day!). I remember once before surgery I lost some weight and got down to 250 and thought "If I'm never any heavier than this, i'll be just fine". Now, at 205 I'm saying the same thing. Yeah, I'm happy. I feel successful, but I'm excited to have some of the fat trimmed off of me with surgery. I just want to look normal. Diana
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views