Still having food issues?

JustHat
on 1/3/06 11:57 pm - NM
Is anyone else still having food issues? Chicken, which was a safe food for a long time, no doesn't sit well. I spent all Christmas week sick. Even the though of food turned my stomach. And, I was in pain. Pork isn't great. Too dry. Beef i**** and miss. Some times it is great. Other times I can only make it to the trash can. It seems I get clogged up really easily. At times, I worried that I had another stricture. Then, things get better only to turn bad days or a week later. My protein is coming only from bars most of the time. And, even when I can afford to eat a lot of them, my tests come back as too low. I know most days I am not even close to the levels I need. During the worst of times, the only reason I didn't go to the doctor for a scoping was the lack of insurance. As of Sunday, I have insurance again. But, there is the co-pay that will make me suck it up until I can't get anything down. I get frustated. It is still better than being fat. But, I am back to my old habits of skipping meals and/or not eatting all day. I know better. But, I am sick of being sick and it is easier to not eat. My weight has been stable for 10 months. So, other than possibly doing damage by not having enough protein and the frustration, I shouldn't be too upset. I was just wondering if anyone is dealing with this. Hat
IrishIze
on 1/4/06 9:43 pm - NJ
I can eat a whole piece of carrot cake ( ), but have trouble with certain meats and fi****'s weird, but I can almost tell by the smell of the meat whether it will sit ok or if it will make me sick. Rotisserie chicken - the pre-made little roasters at the grocery store almost always make me . Also tilapia fish and tuna if it isn't really mushed into tuna salad. Another thing that always makes me sick is Chinese rice. Even 1/2 tablespoon will have me sick for hours on end. Considering the struggles I have been having with food, it always makes me feel good when the pouch is working, 'cause the head is still screwed up!!! Hugs, Nancy 280/179/155
deeno
on 1/4/06 11:31 pm - Kokomo, IN
I agree with Nancy about the head still being "off" when it comes to food. There are things that I eat now that I would have never dreamed of eating pre WLS (because I was always "dieting"). The funny thing is, after surgery I had almost no trouble eating anything, and I could eat fairly large amounts--always a concern of mine, but my surgeon wasn't worried. Since ~ November I've noticed that I can't eat nearly as much, and I'm getting smarter not to even try. At one year out, it was no big deal to eat a bagel fro breakfast. Now, I can only eat half. Apparently my surgery IS working, I'm just a slow starter! Pasta is another food that I can only eat a couple of bites of, where before a small bowl of mac and cheese went down easy. I've also caught myself skipping dinner once or twice, just because I didn't want to deal with eating, but it isn't a regular habit or an all day deal--just a meal once in a while. My husband at three+ years out still eats less than I do (most of the time), and still vomits unpredicably over certain foods. Sometimes it's one food, sometimes another. But he still vomits at least 4 times a month that I've noticed. I think my vomiting average is maybe 4 times a year at most. Hope this helps. Deeno
afcmtvrd
on 1/5/06 11:15 pm - Circle Pines, MN
I was browsing the forums this morning and found this post interesting. I too am having some food issues. Food seems to get stuck much more easily now even this far out. But I think that's because I have resorted back to some bad habbits like eating too fast, not chewing the food enough. I have trouble with some foods I never did before, like rice, some pastas. I have made good choices and reached my goal, now I just want to stay here. I have fears of gaining any weight, so I exercise a lot, which helps me not only physically but mentally too. I need to get out and move to feel good. Thanks for all of your words of wisdom July friends!!
typaul
on 1/7/06 3:29 pm - Merced, CA
Hello, I am so blessed and should be happy! I have never as much as felt nausated let alone thrown up since my surgery! When I hear some of the stories people have to go through it sounds so scarry to me! The Lord must of knew I couldn't handle puking all the time! I really don't understand why some people get so sick and I never did! My daughter had RNY also and she has been sick a lot too! I have problems eating some foods but I always fall back on eating fi**** is really easy for me and I love it! I think meats involve a lot of chewing and I am too lazy to take the time so I eat cottage cheese and fish a lot! I still would like to lose another 20 lbs. I am going to start exercising next week so maybe it will happen! LOL!! Blessings!! CAROL
Janette
on 1/6/06 9:49 pm - Peoria, AZ
I have hit and miss problems also. I can still only eat @ 1 oz of meat at a time. I can eat a hardboiled or fried egg but not scrambled. What I eat one day might not agree with me the next. My pouch has a mind of her own. I do not do fit day much anymore but when I do I still get 75-100 gms protein with my protein drink,cottage cheese, yougurt and the milk in lattes(my caffeine addiction). And I faithfully take all my vitamins everyday. Just had all my labs done and everything was normal. Janette RNY 7-13-04 363/136 - 227 lbs
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views