What are your new year's goals?

deeno
on 12/28/05 12:07 am - Kokomo, IN
I saw this post on the main board, and thought it would be a good one here amongst the July crowd. My New Year's Goals: #1. Take my vitamin every day (I tend to slack here sometimes). #2. Allow myself to snack, but measure my snacks carefully. No more mindless grazing....no more eating right out of the bag. #3. Lift weights, be stronger, toner. I will lift weights 2 times a week (baby steps....baby steps.....). #4. Learn how to dance with my husband. Not just stand around, shake my arms and wiggle my butt, but actually dance. He's up for the challenge, too. What are your goals for 2006? Is there something you've always wanted to do, but your weight has "held you back"? Because of my body, I never liked people to touch me (or my flab). I didn't like to be hugged or held. I was "OK" with hubby's hugging and holding, but that was it. Taking dance lessons will help me to get closer to my husband and enjoy it....as long as he doesn't step on my feet...or me on his feet. I think dancing will help me to become more comfortable with my new body. Your turn! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
(deactivated member)
on 12/28/05 11:05 pm - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Oh boy, I have a lot of goals for this new year. Because 2006 begins on the first day of the week, I figure it's going to be an awesome year. Already, my sister (who lives in Germany) will have a new baby. 1. Vitamins daily 2. Exercise daily (I got a weight machine for Christmas and already have a treadmill) 3. Eat healthy, around 1500 calories (hopefully this will help me lose!) 4. Be more patient with everyone 5. Read more 6. Cook more often and have my daughter help at least once a week 7. Learn to scuba dive 8. Keep the house clean 9. Volunteer/donate more 10. Be happy with the life that I have and stop thinking the grass is greener on the other side. My biggest goal of this year is working on having a baby. I've been putting off having another child because of my weight, but it's something that I want more than even being at goal weight. We figure we'll wait until summer to try, so don't expect any baby news any time soon. My husband's biggest goal, aside from having a baby, is to officially adopt our (my) daughter. He's been around since before she was born, and it's time she had his last name. Pamela -125 (sometimes)
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views