Happy Holidays/Checking In

(deactivated member)
on 12/23/05 8:12 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
I know, it's REALLY been a while since I've posted here. I've been pretty darned busy! I've lost one dinky pound over the last two months. It's definitely my fault, as I've been eating pretty much whatever I want whenever I want in quantities that don't quite make me throw up. Bad, I know. I don't know if it's the holiday stress or the boredom with healthy foods, but I suspect that it's a combination of both plus some laziness. I haven't been going to the gym like I should be, either, although I have managed about two days a week. I had LASIK eye surgery done two days ago. Already, I can see 20/20. If any of you are considering it, it's really an easy thing to go through. I'd rather have LASIK surgery done every day than go to the dentist twice a year, and I've never even had a cavity. There really is no pain involved, and my eyes pretty much feel perfectly normal. It's amazing! I know this sounds weird, but having my eyes done has kind of renewed my energy for all things healthy. Maybe it's helping me get out of a "diet rut." I don't know, but I'm really excited for the holiday season to be over so I can get my healthy life back on track. I'm already making out New Year's resolutions, and things ARE going to change. Well, I guess that's really all I'm going to throw at you guys right now. I'll post my resolutions later on so that the whole world (or at least people *****ad my post) knows what I've committed myself to. I hope you all have a very happy holiday, no matter which one it is that you celebrate. Stay safe, and enjoy your family! Pamela 352/227 on a good day/150
deeno
on 12/26/05 11:41 pm - Kokomo, IN
I was wondering where you were, Pam. Glad you're still around. Deeno
Monna W.
on 12/27/05 1:15 pm - Susanville, CA
Pam, Congratulations on the eye surgery. I've worn glasses since I was 9 years old and would love to have the surgery. But I'm 60 and would have to wear glasses anyway because of the presbyopia. Just not worth it now, I believe. I am really making a effort to make this the year that I lose my other 88 lbs. My daughter, who needs to lose about the same amount, and I signed up for this year's Discovery Health Body Challenge. We can help keep each other on track. Hang in there, girl friend and we will be among the slim ones yet. Monna -155
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views