It's been a while

lsutiger80
on 12/17/05 12:28 pm - Metairie, LA
Dear Friends, I have been MIA long enough. As many of you may know, I'm from the New Orleans area. My family and I evacuated due to Hurricane Katrina and have ended up in the Phoenix area. These last 3 months have been quite overwhelming. I am grateful for the love and support of my family, friends, and complete strangers who have come into our lives since August 29th. I have finally found a WLS doctor who will do my follow ups. I met Dr. Terry Simpson last week and will be attending support groups from his practice. Unfortunately, Dr. Simpson only performs the Lap Band now but still has many DS post-ops. When I first got to Phoenix I had to go to the ER due to dehyrdation but all that is fine now. Had bloodwork done on Friday so we will see how I am doing considering the cir****tances that I have had to deal with. I haven't been exactly compliant with all my vitamins, proteins, etc. but am trying to get back on track now. I have lost more weight than I had hoped for but the doctor doesn't seem worried. My original goal was 110 (which I thought was crazy when Dr. W first told me that). I am now at 103--mostly. I don't recommend the Hurricane Katrina diet! I was suppose to have PS in September by my surgeon in New Orleans but that didn't happen for obvious reasons. I have found a surgeon here in Scottsdale and am scheduled for hernia repair, panniculectomy and breast augmentation on 12/28. Since the hernia reapir and panniculectomy are covered by my insurance, cost for the augmentation is minimal due to the fact that there is additional procedures being performed and the hospital bill will be covered. I may incur an additional 1 hour for anesthesia (sp) but probably not. With all that has happened emotionally and financially in these past few months, it may seem frivilous to pursue the PS but I really think I need this mentally. I need some normalcy in my life and feel that my journey will be complete once I finsih up with the PS. I don't have any grand illusions that I will be wearing bikinis with a Baywatch body but I know that there can definitely be some improvements. I hope to get back to being more active again on the boards. It's been way to long since I've participated. I miss all of you. Rhonda DS on 7/7/04 225/103 Scheduled for hernia repair, panniculectomy & breast augmentation on 12/28/05
jewelcrown
on 12/17/05 8:38 pm
Welcome back.... Congratulations on your success (even in the midst of overwhelming life changes!). I'll be thinking of you and praying for you. You're already a "hot babe"... I don't know, the Baywatch reunion show may be calling you for a walk on after your surgery!! All the best... Denise
GailD
on 12/18/05 5:35 am - Racine, WI
Rhonda, So sorry to hear you and your family were caught up in the midst of Katrina. Glad to hear you're getting your life back on track. Kudos to you for scheduling your PS again! You deserve to do something for yourself! Best of luck with your upcoming surgery. I'm jealous! I'd love to have a tummy tuck and breast aug...I really need it, but my insurance won't cover it, and I haven't won the lottery....YET! Take care and keep us posted on your recovery. Gail D. 252/133
IrishIze
on 12/20/05 1:25 am - NJ
Rhonda, I'm so glad that you are getting back on your feet after this horrifying disaster - you're right though, it's a terrible way to lose weight!! I hope you have a wonderful holiday - we all need to be thankful for what we have - and I wish you success and a speedy recovery on your surgeries. Love ya hon!! Hugs, Nancy
deeno
on 12/20/05 2:25 am - Kokomo, IN
Glad you are OK---man, what a ride you've had!! Best wishes, and good luck on your upcoming surgery. Let us all know how you did. Deeno
us2bfat C.
on 12/20/05 7:57 am - selden, NY
wow im so sorry with what you went thru i hope things get better for you real soon .... im glad we are starting to post on the july board again .. best of luck with your upcoming surgery Stacy
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views