How do you spent your holidays?

ileanak
on 11/27/05 9:20 pm - San Antonio, TX
Happy Thanksgiving my July babies! Well, I did go to my families house for a bit of turkey and cranberries, which was very tasty! But more importantly, I decided that this Thanksgiving I would really thank my body for sticking by me through the last year and a half of trial and error eating and the occasional sick night, by hiking at Lost Maples State Park and Garner State Park, here in Texas. My SO and I headed out early Friday morning, made it to Garner, then trodded off to do a 3 mile (very) off road hike. After making camo there that night, we went to Lost Maples and did a 5 mile (extremely) offroad hike, which had up climbing bolders and trodding up streams (one of which I fell in, much to my amusement). We headed home yesterday and stopped at my families house for hot turkey sandwiches (Ok I had 3 oz of turkey breast and a slice of jellied cranberry, but you all know what I mean). I collapsed last night feeling thuroughly spent and happy. I hope all of your Thanksgivings left you feeling as happy as I was! Ileana
bobby s
on 11/27/05 10:15 pm - Central, FL
Hey Ileana, Sounds like you had a nice time. I spent mine with family and friends just doing the usual eating and football thing. After not being able to play the past 3 years because of my health, I am BACK!!! And I haven't lost my touch either....we won 28-7 (I made all 28 points thank you). So I think the fear is back on the "red" team The posts on here are getting thinner and thinner. It won't be long until nobody is posting anymore. What a shame
us2bfat C.
on 11/28/05 9:40 am - selden, NY
i post but no one replys oh well i agree its a shame!!!!! Stacy
ileanak
on 11/28/05 9:03 pm - San Antonio, TX
Hi Stacey..... we do read, but you are right... the threads are getting thinner and thinner. Ileana
ileanak
on 11/28/05 9:02 pm - San Antonio, TX
Good times all around, then! Feels great to get out there and use our new bodies!. I am just as guilty about not posting as much. I still log in and read, but life has me by the belt and seems to be yanking me all over. I just try to touch base with my fellow "July-ers" every few weeks and figure thats still a good way to keep everyone in my thoughts. Ileana PS... but it is a shame ~
JackieF
on 11/28/05 10:12 am - ObesityHelp Support Group Leader, NY
Hi Ileana, Happy Thanksgiving to you also. I had my tt & hernia repair surgery the week before, so unfortunately I was not very comfortable. It sounds like you had a very nice time. Jackie
ileanak
on 11/28/05 9:04 pm - San Antonio, TX
Wow, Jackie! I hope you are starting to feel better! Definitely let the board know how you progress! Good luck and wish you a speedy recovery! Ileana
IrishIze
on 11/29/05 1:53 am - NJ
I had a great Thanksgiving - took a big plateful of food and ate about 1/4 of it!! My eyes are definitely bigger than my belly!! We had a great day with friends and family and it was my little great-niece's birthday, so it was a REAL celebration! After dinner and desert (I had a bit of pumpkin pie filling - no crust) we had a ceilidh (pronounced KAY-LEE) which is a sort of celtic gathering with music (my niece plays the celtic fiddle, the rest of us take turns on guitar, spoons, bodhran, etc.), singing and dance. I'm trying to learn some Irish dancing - it's not easy, but I have a few steps down, so that's a bit of exercise too! Anyway it was a great day and I was truly thankful for my second shot at a functional life. Bobby - you're right - I've been one of those slackers and I'm going to try and mend my ways and get back to the board. But remember - just 'cause I'm not here doesn't mean I don't love you all!!! Hugs, Nancy
us2bfat C.
on 11/29/05 7:24 pm - selden, NY
wow nanc that sounds like a nice time... i didnt know you played the guitar? thats awesome stick with the dancing thats awesome excersise..,,, glad to see you... loads Stacy
Deejay
on 11/30/05 3:49 am - Sparks, NV
Hi Ileana and all the July babes, I had a nice turkey day, my family and dh's were all here. Kinda crazy but nice. Doing so much left me with not much time to eat so that was good too. I'm having PS on January 19th and really looking forward to that (kinda, haha). I've been busy with life too but I check the boards about every day, just don't post much. I'm glad everyone is doing well. I'm still working on that last pound til goal, but happy regardless! Hugs, Deejay 259/151/150 PS January 19th!
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views