Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Monna W.
on 11/24/05 5:30 am - Susanville, CA
I have so much to be thankful for, but sometimes it is the little things that really hit me to show the difference this surgery has made in my life. Today I cooked our entire Thanksgiving dinner for the first time in 10 years. Last year I was still unable to do the whole thing, but today I did it. I even did the clean up afterwards. I know many women who would not be so excited to be able to do the cleanup but it is one more evidence of the change in my life. I found out that my weight loss had stopped, not because it is about that time in my post-op life, but that one of the meds I had been taking for my atrial fib caused my pituitary to misfire and cause hypothyroidism making it very difficult to lose weight. I was taken off the med last month and the weight loss has started again as the medication gets out of my system. Maybe I really will be able to see the other side of 200. I still dump if I eat very much sweet--had a couple of swallows of pineapple juice and thought I would die--and most days I cannot eat very much at any one time. I love it actually. Thanks to all of you and all the wonderful support you have given me. Monna
ileanak
on 11/28/05 9:09 pm - San Antonio, TX
Hi Monna, So sorry to hear about the hypothyroidism. I was diagnosed at 14 and have been on some form of Synthroid ever since. Now, they are messing with my doses, so I completely understand about the weightloss issues. Keep your chin up, once they have the meds right, things will settle into place. Take care and good luck! Ileana
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views