Insurance approval Question

elizars
on 11/15/05 5:17 am - Adrian, MI
I was just wondering if anyone with BCBS of MI has been okayed for surgery the first time if they are under 40 bmi (38) with more than one comorbity. I hope the answer is yes and that the process went fast. thank you and have a great day
Sherri_B
on 11/27/05 7:30 am - washington, MO
Hello i had bcbs of michigan when i had surgery in july of 04 . I was 270 and 5,6 they have a few things you have to have 100 pounds or more over weight , diet history and and a couple i cant remember did it go fast no . I called them 3 times a week . papers lost , and several other excuses .see bcbs doesnt need pre approval but my dr did before he did the surgery . so i had to stay on them to pre approve me . i had my dr write his letter oh yes and i had to have psy. evaul . all that was sent and i was approved but i stayed on them 3 times a week just checking finally i had my benifit rep at chrysler agrivate them and pull some strings and get it pushed thru .. read my profile i believe it tells of the agrivation i went thru w/ them .. but they did approve it and i didnt pay 1 cent . just stay on them .. and the diet history just has to be all the diets and things you have tried over the last 3 yrs i think i had all that already sent to them as well as my comorbs. pretty much just shortnerss of breath . inc. and a couple more nothiong major . best of luck ..
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views