Cold water?

jenniferwheeler
on 11/11/05 9:56 pm - PA
Hi everyone, I have a quesion does anyone else have a problem with drinking really cold water? When I do it feels like my pouch jumps and it kind of takes my breath away for a second. I try to let the water warm up for a little while before I drink it but I was just wondering if anyone else had this problem. Thank you! Jen surgery 7/7/04 -118 lbs
Irene S.
on 11/11/05 11:11 pm - NJ
No, I don't have that problem. I remember giving my newborn son room temp water (which would have been relatively cold for a newborn) and it took his breath away like you describe. So I would say that it happens to some people. I don't drink icy-cold water except on the hottest days because it makes me COLD!!! irene
(deactivated member)
on 11/17/05 8:07 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
I also have a really hard time with cold water. Cold Crystal Light is fine (as are cold diet sodas...yes, I drink soda...about one a day, I think), but I can't handle cold water. It is quite painful, so I normally avoid it. The other day, I was listening to an eighth grade science lesson about heat...and what the teacher said was that cold water is more dense because the molecules are packed more tightly together (heat means they're not packed as tight). I don't know why water vs. Crystal Light makes a difference, but the water density thing makes sense. Pamela -124 on a good day
T R.
on 11/20/05 11:02 am
Yep, same here! I can't stand drinking cold water, it either tastes bad or feels really heavy to me. I can drink propel or crystal lite cold, but no****er. I still don't drink soda, but not because I don't want to, I just have no taste for them anymore. I have been trying to get in more water rather than things like propel but it's really hard. Btw.. how are you doing with hot things like coffee? I have a cup of coffee every morning with a scoop of unflavored Unjury and creamer and I always have to add ice to get it to a temp for me to drink, otherwise it will make me sick to my stomach. Tami 275/170/140 Still stuck at 170
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views