31 1/2wks update!!!

Traci72
on 11/4/05 2:44 am - Hastings, MN
Had a good OB check today. We are putting my EDD back to 1/2/06 for a couple of reasons. Right now we are tentatively scheduling an "induction" for Dec.29-30 and for ins purposes, it "looks" better if my EDD stays at the earlier date. I'm already 1cm w/a soft cervix, but it's still "funneled". (not sure what that means specifically as none of my other Dr's ever used that phrase w/me) She will check my cervix again on the 18th, and if there are any changes, then we'll up my appts to once a week. (it was neat...the Dr could feel the sutures in Jessica's head and she was rolling around on the Dr's finger!!) After the 18th, we are delaying the following appt to get us back on an "even" week since we are changing the EDD. We are tentativley scheduling an 'induction' for Dec.29 when she will possibly apply prostaglandin gel to my cervix. If it doesn't do anything, then she'll reapply it on the 30th, etc. She thinks it will start contractions as I dilate early, so there won't be much softening of the cervix needed. This way it does a couple of things. #1 my mom *should* be able to arrange to be here for several days and stay w/the younger 2 while I go into labor. #2 as I have a history of such fast labors, this is a way we can somewhat "control" my labor and have everyone can be prepared for it, and there wouldn't be the same interventions as w/pitocin. Of course it's just tentative as we'll be taking it 1 appt at a time monitoring my progress. Other good news for me is that I had no weight gain in the last 2wks!! I'm sitting at a 14-15lbs total gain. I don't feel that Jessica is being deprived of anything at all. As a matter of fact, I'm thinking she's going to be another big girl like her sister was. She feels big already and her movements are so strong and painful this early on....That's my news for today! Traci 31wks 4days w/DD#2, baby #4 EDD 1/2/06
Deejay
on 11/5/05 8:20 am - Sparks, NV
Traci, sounds wonderful! Your on your way! Funneling is just your cervix is like a funnel right now with the baby's head at the large end of the funnel and it closes off toward the bottom. She's ready to come soon! Best wishes, Deejay 259/150.5/150 -108.5 PS January 19th
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views