I'm still around

Monna W.
on 10/26/05 9:50 am - Susanville, CA
Hi Everyone, I have been absent for quite a while because I have been so depressed. The weight stopped coming off. I started the plateau buster Monday and have seen a change already. I do not know why it took me so long to get to doing it. I did go camping over Labor Day and it was wonderful. I had not been tent camping since I was in high school--over 45 years ago. Forgot how cold it could be, though. I am off 2 more medications, so I am now taking only 4 prescription meds as opposed to 13. My pulmonary artery pressure is down to 32 (normal is 25) and I am feeling great. I just really want to weigh less than 200 and wear a size less than 20. I have been stuck in the 230's for almost 4 months. Everyone tells me I am looking great. Bought a pair of jeans a few weeks and I should have bought a smaller size. That was a good feeling. Actually life is good and I am well. So what's a few pounds among friends? Monna
Irene S.
on 10/26/05 12:34 pm - NJ
Hi Monna, I'm glad that you're back and feeling better. I know what you mean about feeling depressed about the lack of movement. I was down myself because from May to August I only lost 9 lbs.!! I was pretty bummed out about htat. In my case I had to accept responsibility for my grazing habit. Going to work for my surgeon stopped my grazing. I just wanted to let you know that YOU are my inspiration and I think of you often. Coming as far as you have, reducing all the meds, the VAST improvements in your health! Not to mention your posts about the newfound joy in your mobility. Keep posting. I am so tickled for your progress! Irene
Monna W.
on 10/27/05 12:06 pm - Susanville, CA
Irene, Thank you so much. I have difficulty ever imagining myself as an inspiration for anyone. I realized I had gotten a little sloppy in my eating habits and cleaned up my act. I still didn't lose and I was so disappointed that this could be all I would lose. My friend who had surgery last October was visiting and I couldn't believe how much she has lost. I decided I would use the plateau buster (I had never used it before because after 3-4 weeks of plateau I would start losing again). It does seem to be working. If I can just get to the 2teens, I think I can work hard enough to get the rest off (I will be happy to be below 200). You are right, though, I have a totally different life than I did 15 months ago. My friend told me I'm not even the same person. Anyway, thank you for your wonderful words. You have done amazing things also. We have all done amazing feats regarding our weight. Monna
ileanak
on 10/27/05 10:59 pm - San Antonio, TX
Ok, Monna.. I have misplaced it again. Can you forward me the plateau buster? I too have finally hit a real plateau and need to shake things up! thanks! Ileana
Monna W.
on 10/28/05 5:32 am - Susanville, CA
My God, Ileana, you look mahvelous. When I read one of your posts the other day I had to go to your profile to make sure you were who you claimed to be. I'm answering this at work, and the buster copy is at home. I will send it tonight or tomorrow. But basically, the plan is only protein, no carbs except in non-fat yogurt and legumes for 10 days. Of course, you can have sugar free jello, sf popsicles, sf sodas (if you are allowed to have them), and bouillion. I am really missing my fruit and one slice of bread a day. But I have lost close to 7 lbs. since Monday. I would like to lose another 7 by the time 10 days are up. Monna
Tanja Y
on 10/29/05 9:28 am - Wahiawa, HI
Wow, that does it I'm definately trying that plan! I'd love to drop 7 pounds in a week, been a long time since I did that. Heck I'd be happy to drop 7 pounds in two weeks! Stalls suck! ~Tanja
ileanak
on 10/30/05 9:58 pm - San Antonio, TX
Oh thank you Monna! You are too sweet! I gotta get on the buster for 10 days to get over the standstill! Ileana
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views