Just chekcing in

Marcy B.
on 10/2/05 9:57 pm - West Bloomfield, MI
Hi all- Its been a while since I have posted, though I have to admit I have come online and been a lurker fairly often so I get to find out how everyone else is. I love checking out the website to see everyone's progress. Especially love stories like Bobby- isn't he amazing? My weight loss has slowed down, maybe even stopped for right now. I was hopeful to get down 100lbs by the start of the Jewish New Year which is now, but that has not happened. 14 Months out and I am very happy with what I have accomplished. I'd be so much worse off without the surgery. Of course I wanted a better outcome with more weight loss, but the outcome is largely what my surgeon expected it would be. I may never get to goal or perhaps it will take me many more years for that to be accomplished. Who knows? Since my issue was more metabolic due to the thryoid cancer and not so much a function of eating large quantities of food in the past I often wondered if this surgery would help at all. I never ate a tremendous amount pre-surgery so the smaller portions I eat now are not that much different than what I did in the past. But at least there are some controls. So that is something to be grateful for. I have tons more energy than I have ever had and I move around much more freely when the fibromyalgia is not in full swing. I have been busy at work starting my own insurance agency and exploring other performance and public speaking opportunities including auditioning for an Equity musical in the area, as well as teaching my first insurance course for Kaplan Financial. These are all things I could have only thought about pre-surgery and now I am doing them all. A recent serious medical complication of a dear friend who also had surgery 18 months ago and has reached goal- made me do some thinking. She has lost all of her weight but not without major complications. None of which I have. So Iguess there is a trade off. I rarely vomit or dump- can eat most foods ( albeit in smaller quantities) and have gotten through this most serious surgery with no complications. There is something to be said for that. I am being long winded and reflective but it is that time of year- a time of renewal of the Jewish New Year when one reflects upon the accomplishments of the previous year and prays to be inscribed in the good book of life for the coming year. As I make ready to lead my congregation in worship this High Holidays let me wish my bariatric buddies a Shana Tova- a sweet new year. Marcy -93
(deactivated member)
on 10/3/05 6:17 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Well, I already knew all of that information, but I was glad to see you online anyway. I love how you are always able to see the good in any situation, even if the situation isn't ideal. Shana Tova back at you. (I can say that even if I'm not Jewish, right?) Pamela
Traci K.
on 10/7/05 10:09 pm - Sullivan, MO
Hi Marcy I too had metabolic syndrome prior to surgery and did not get obese eating tons of food. It was tons for my particular body I suppose, but not in the normal sense. KWIM? I've lost 106 lbs to date, and below my personal goal and still losing, although very slowly. I also wasn't sure this surgery would work and that I would get to goal, but it did!!! So hang in there, us metabolicly challenged folks do lose post-op, just may be slower or differently than others. You're doing great. Traci 250/144/149
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views