Need help...

Bunny54
on 9/19/05 3:35 am - Anaheim, CA
I am writing because i am in need of support. I am 14 months out....have only lost 85 pounds and have been there for about 6 months...what can i do? i am finding my old habits creeping back into my life and i am scared to death that i am going to gain all of my weight back... has anyone gone through this? i am crying out inside desperately seeking something that will help.. thanks to anyone who listens.. Leah
bugsmom
on 9/19/05 3:45 am - In Mom's House, CA
Leah, Have you spoken to your doctor or surgeon about your concerns? Are you exercising? Drinking your water? Eating your protein? Taking your vitamins and supplements? I hear you about old habits creeping back into your life. Last night I woke up in the middle of the night and ate a Hostess cupcake. Ofcourse prior to wls I'd have eaten 4 of 'em or more but still it's worriesome. When I find myself eating too much or too often the first thing I do is calm myself down by remembering that what constitutes alot is still much less than I ate before I had surgery. I also remind myself that I didn't get fat from one meal or one day or even one week but that it took me a long time to gain 100 lbs and I'm not going to gain it back overnight. Then I breathe deeply. Then I drink a lot of water or take a walk or call a friend. Don't give up and don't get discouraged and don't panic. You can do this, get control of your eating, get yourself back on track and continue to lose weight. Best, Merritt
ileanak
on 9/19/05 3:48 am - San Antonio, TX
Leah, Don't loose all hope my dear! Remember how much you have lost! I too have old habits that like to raise their heads and tempt me, and at times I have given in. What I strive for is the moderation aspect. If I want that chocolate, I unwrap a dar of dark chocolate, but it into little tiny bite-sized morsels remove two, re-warp it (I do this all very dilligently), put it away, walk out of the kitchen and enjoy my two pieces. That, and the emphasis on getting to a gym is the best advise I can give. Don't let this get you down! Ileana
IrishIze
on 9/19/05 5:16 am - NJ
Leah - first of all, a great big hug and a . Secondly, you are not alone!! I too struggled for awhile and I'm sure I will again. I had to really force myself to get back on track. The fat girl inside of me (who is a brilliant manipulator ) would tell me it was ok to buy just one package of cookies - after all they're sugar free - and tomorrow we'll be good again. Well that package of cookies turned into a couple of weeks of very old and self-destructive behavior and I found myself gaining again. Each day I would have the best of intentions that tomorrow I was going to get back on track, but it took quite awhile. I found the best thing I could do for myself was stay away from the sugar and the carbs and the trigger foods and get back into my exercise routine. Well, long story short, I started getting back on track two weeks ago and I've gotten down about 7 lbs. and I'm finally in the 150's!!! The scale is a strong motivator for me, not to mention that I feel so much better physically and psychologically. I hate when I over-indulge. I have been given a second chance at life and for me not to appreciate it makes me feel so guilty. I am practicing saying, "NO" to the fat girl, and at the moment, I seem to be the boss. If you can find a support group in your area, get yourself there. Even if it's an Overeater's Anonymous meeting it will be very beneficial. Please feel free to email me if you need a pep talk or a shoulder to cry on or someone who's been there. You can get yourself back on track!! In the words of my buddy Stacy, "Nothing changes if nothing changes." Hang in there!! Hugs, Nancy -118
Sherri_B
on 9/19/05 5:38 am - washington, MO
Just offering you a :huG: and letting you know you are not alone i am here w/ ya ..
us2bfat C.
on 9/19/05 6:08 am - selden, NY
just remember the doctor didnt preform brain surgery just stomach surgery and this is not a guaruntee ....it is however infailable if you follow what the doctor says... there are a few rules that i follow.. one if there is no protein in the item i do not eat it i keep my sugar under 10 grms and thats for a treat... i do not drink with my meals keeps me full longer ..... to get back on track try to stay away from white food if it is white dont eat i****er load before each meal eat sunflower seeds in between meals to curb the bordum (shell on) and dont worry we are here for you ..... i like that one girls suggestioin about going to an oa meeting 12 steps help me thru all the aspects of my life... and nancy you are way to cute quoting me .......i love ya girl... my other quote is nothing tastes as good as thin feels.... Stacy 232/137
Dawn H.
on 9/20/05 8:21 pm - Jersey CIty, NJ
Leah First big HUG for you. I know how you feel. but the good thing is .. you can change this .. Go back to the basics .. WATER WATER WATER.. and Protien. Its true .. carbs make you hungry for more carbs .. so If you go a few days without them.. the craving goes away.. You are so strong you had this surgery .. that was a brave thing to do . If you can handle that .. then a few days Carbless should be a walk in the park.. Oh by the way .. a Walk in the park is a very good thing exercise keeps you away from the munchies. Good luck sweety .. keep comming here for support .. we will help you fight those food demons Here for you Dawn
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views