Checking In

(deactivated member)
on 9/14/05 10:09 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Wow, I didn't see any threads that I had started on the first forum page. I am REALLY falling behind! I love my job! I thought that working in middle school with MR (mental retardation) and LD (learning disability) students would be very hard for me to adjust to, since I'm actually an elementary certified teacher. Well, it turns out that I adjusted extremely well, and look forward to every day. The hours are terrific, from 8 to 2:30, so I get an hour to myself every day before my daughter gets home. My eating habits are going okay. Now that I'm working, my breakfast and lunch menus are EXTREMELY healthy and portion-controlled. High protein, high fiber...all that good stuff. Dinners are still typical, and the bulk of my calories come from them. I usually have a snack in the afternoon (generally a sandwich with low-cal bread and chicken), but have been working hard to quit the evening snacking that's been taking over. I still have my bad days with food, usually when my husband is home (he loves going out to eat and I have such a hard time ordering healthy when we're out), so I tend to have about four really great days, one so-so day, and two really crappy days. I've been getting in all of my vitamins, plus some...selenium and flax seed oil. I've even been having a good time with my liquids. I signed up for a Latin aerobics class at the YMCA. Last night was my first night, and boy did it kick my butt! It was fun, although I am not coordinated whatsoever. We're supposed to shake our hips a lot...but you know, never in a million years have I ever HAD hips, so getting comfortable swinging them around is not an easy task. I sweated a good amount, but I did NOT get so tired that I had to slow down or stop. The scale...well, it's still putting up the good fight. I can lose three, gain back four, then eventually be down five, up three...The OVERALL trend is downward, although it takes about a month before the scale finally figures it out. Well, I guess this is as much updating as I need to do right now. For the most part, I'd say that my life is pretty much like everyone elses...busy, busy, busy. Until next time... Pamela 352/238/150
Irene S.
on 9/14/05 11:58 am - NJ
Hi Pamela! I've been wondering how everything was going with you and I'm glad you took the time to update. I'm very happy for you that the job is going so well. As for the eating struggle- I don't think we'll ever be fully rid of it. I started working for my surgeon on September 1st. I just LOVE my new job! I am thrilled to be working and learning so many new things. I'm also shrinking away. I've lost more than 10lbs in the 2 weeks that I've been working! Due, I'm sure, to not snacking or grazing at all. irene 330/322/185/150
(deactivated member)
on 9/15/05 6:40 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
I am glad that you love your job! You're so lucky, helping others take control of their lives. Plus, I bet its quite motivational to be in an office where your surgeon is always around! And a 10 lb loss to boot! If you pick up any information about dealing with head hunger, portion sizes, etc, send them my way! Pamela
IrishIze
on 9/16/05 11:29 pm - NJ
Hi Pamela - glad you love your job - that's so important and cuts down on stress. The Latin aerobics class sounds like a blast - I'd love to try that! My niece is teaching me Irish step dancing - now that's a workout - I think I need some heavy duty body wrap for all of the loose skin bouncing around!! Nice to hear from you! Hugs, Nancy -115
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views