Struggling some days

Dawn H.
on 8/31/05 8:20 pm - Jersey CIty, NJ
HI July sisters and brothers... Ok .. any help would be appreciated.. Im struggling with grazing. I can go for days just eating my three meals .. and some days i have to remind myself to eat .. but other days.. I just feel hungry all the time. usually at work .. and i graze ! Crackers.. Grahmcrackers.. Coffee.. and any snacks that the Patients at work bring in for us poor overworked nurses I tried drinking water first when I feel the urge to snack but it seems I can drink 16 to 24 oz of water.. and it goes right thru me .. and im still hungry .. well maybe its head hunger? Stress at work? then there is the night time snacking .. when i get home from work. the craving for something crunchy salty etc. I can eat 3 oz of Cashews with out even thinking about it. Im not gaining .. but im sure not loosing Any one want to kick me in the butt and get me back on the straight and narrow Dawn
IrishIze
on 9/1/05 10:53 pm - NJ
Hi Dawn I'm right where you are. I can go a couple of weeks being really good, but then I seem to go on a binge. I like crunchy things too. I try to limit myself to soy crackers or Snyders lo carb pretzels, but sometimes I grab the chips. There are times I can do it, and other times that I feel like I'm grazing all day. Night time is the worst for me when I sit down to relax....I just want to nosh. I mentioned in another post that I'm going to try and recommit. My goals are going to be water, protein and exercise. I'm going to get in at least 80 oz of water a day, 75 g of protein and at least 1/2 hour of exercise every day. I'm also going to log my food onto fitday.com so I know exactly where I'm at. If you'd like to join me that would be great. We can post every day if we want. When Pamela used to post the daily 'what did you eat, drink and exercise' post, it used to really help me stay on track. What do you think? We can do it. Look how far we've come already!!! Hugs, Nancy -115
Dawn H.
on 9/1/05 11:10 pm - Jersey CIty, NJ
Ok Nancy .. Im with you! time to recommit.. I just started working on my fit day.com so ... I guess we had the same Idea.. Ill post every day I can so I will be accountable LOL sometimes that really helps! Come on everyone jump on the band wagon! Dawn
Traci K.
on 9/2/05 12:58 am - Sullivan, MO
Hi Dawn There are some days I'm hungrier than others too. I think it's normal. Sometimes I don't feel hungry at all, but I feel weak and shaky, and when I stop and think, realize I need to eat! Other days, I'm hungry pretty much all day, and never hit that satisfied feeling. I finally realized maybe it was more head hunger than physical hunger? I have added more carbs into my diets, as that seems to help that. So maybe it is head hunger you're having. Guess I wasn't much help - but I can relate. I'm still losing though. Just lost another three pounds since my surgery. Traci 250/147/149
Irene S.
on 9/2/05 1:21 pm - NJ
I just started working for my surgeon this week. I am soooo messed up cause I'm not stopping to eat lunch! I get home and find that I'm hungry or have a headache and then the grazing begins. I'll either disappear from daytime starvation, or put on the #'s grazing! Wanna start taking odds on which it'll be? irene
JustHat
on 9/3/05 2:55 pm - NM
Grapes are the answer for me. I have two great weeks and then two weeks of constant hunger. It is related to my period. The only thing that gives me that full feeling is grapes. Don't get too down on yourself. Just try and figure out what will work for you. Hat
Traci K.
on 9/3/05 9:35 pm - Sullivan, MO
I've noticed this too! Sometimes I'll get that Fruit and Walnut salad at McDonalds and honestly, I do feel full and satisfied after eating that. It too has grapes, with the apples and walnuts. It's good!! Traci 250/147/149
(deactivated member)
on 9/4/05 7:34 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Good luck figuring this one out! I struggle most days! Although I tend to have grazing/bingeing problems during the afternoons and evenings, with my new job, the afternoons are back under control. Monday evenings are okay because I'm at the gym while my daughter has Tae-Kwon-Do. I am going to be taking an aerobics class Tuesday and Thursday evenings during my "danger-zone" time, so maybe that will help as well. Now, if I can only muster the strength to make it through the weekend! I suggest getting rid of snacks that are too easy to overeat, such as those cashews. If you MUST have your cashews, try buying the individual packs...even if you eat the whole package, it's no more than 250 calories. If you're looking for something crunchy, try carrots with salsa. Something sweet? Go with grapes. And if you absolutely are craving chocolate, try a Hershey's kiss or sugar free hot chocolate. For salt, fat-free pringles work wonders. And if you're looking to get full, have a sandwich...turkey and fat-free cheese usually does the trick for me! It's so funny how I can offer advice to people but have such a hard time following it myself. Why is that? Pamela -113
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views