Taking your eye off the prize?

Jessica D.
on 8/31/05 3:35 am - Two Harbors, MN
Hello fellow July 04's!! I don't hear to much on this topic on these boards but does anyone else feel like they have taking their eye off the prize, in other words are you slipping into the old habits? I have been very bad lately, I have gained 9lbs over the last two months. I'm grazing and eating almost everthing, sweets being my major hangup(I've never had dumping). I don't know how to make myself quit. I've had wonderful results from my surgery and have lost 136lbs which is 90% of my excess weight, and I think maybe that has caused me to "take my eye off the prize" which of course is a better more healthy lifestyle. I'm not saying I've taken the surgery for granted I just think I look so normal that I've forgotten my own limitations and where I've come from. Example if I'm out with a friend and they're having a waffle cone with frozen custard and they ask me if I want one I always say yes. It's almost like I don't want to be perceived as someone who can't have something. I know part of being "normal" is having your weight fluctuate but my weight has been only going up and I'm really scared, how can I get back on track any ideas? Thanks for your help! Jessica 276/146/130
Julie B.
on 8/31/05 6:26 am - Bear Creek, NC
Put the worst old picture and the best new picture of yourself somewhere you'll see it all the time ... like on your bedroom or bathroom mirror. It'll help remind you! Hang in there.
ErikaL
on 9/1/05 2:31 am - JAX, FL
Hi Jessica! I think it would help you to cut out sugar completely! Think of it as poison, as if you dumped from the smallest amount of sugar. Check everything you buy for it's sugar content, like someone who dumps. Don't have it around the house. If someone asks if you want something sweet, say "No thank you. I don't eat sugar, only Splenda." I know it won't be easy, but the less sugar and carbs you eat the less you'll crave it. Good Luck, Erika L
deeno
on 9/1/05 4:18 am - Kokomo, IN
Great picture, Erika!! You have neck bones--who knew?? You look great! Deeno
ErikaL
on 9/1/05 5:24 am - JAX, FL
Thanks Deeno!Erika
us2bfat C.
on 9/1/05 11:10 am - selden, NY
wow erika you look totally amazing holy crapola what a transformation you must feel great!!!!!! STACY
CAROL H.
on 9/1/05 4:36 am - FAIRBORN, OH
I'm kinda struggling with the same thing. I just gained 3 pounds back, which isn't that devistating, but woke me up a little. I too can tolerate sugar and pretty much eat it anything I want. I still have about 40 more pounds to lose, so losing site of my main goal kinda scares me. If I had to pinpoint one really weak area of mine it would have to be exercise! I was doing really good at walking a couple of miles 3-4 days a week and now I do nothing! I know that if I just started moving a little more, I would feel much better and the pounds would have to start coming off again. I'll work on that. In the meantime, I hope things get better for you....WE CAN DO IT!!!
IrishIze
on 9/1/05 10:41 pm - NJ
Jessica - I've had my problems in this area too. I don't really eat sugar, but I eat sugar free cookies, etc. I'm finding that I can obsess over them just as I did over real sugar, so I really need to stay away from those foods that I can really binge on. I can eat a package of SF cookies or a tub of SF ice cream in a day or two....not a good thing. I still have another 15-20 lbs. that I'd like to lose, and now that the summer is over, I'm going to make a concentrated effort to get back to basics. I'm going to exercise every day and log my food on fitday.com. I've noticed that while I've been on vacation I'm not drinking as much water, not getting in anywhere near enough protein, and not exercising like I should. Those things are really very simple things to change, so I'm starting there. Anyone want to join me in re-committing???? We can do it. Hugs, Nancy -115
Sherri_B
on 9/2/05 10:11 am - washington, MO
I to am struggling w/ this although i havent gained any pounds . I can see the thickness . inches wise .. I am waking up ata bout 1 am having 5or 6 chips ahoy and milk and going to sleep . sweets just make me sleepy . and at 1 am when i am hungry for sweets i want to be knocked back out. I am so comfy w/ the new me . i guess i forgot at tim es what got me to 270 .. I also dont never get my protein in ever i am fixed on sweets now . it is that time and that pulls the sweets out in me .. I to struggle w/ this for the past week or 2 .. I am starting fresh tom .. waking up w/ a protein shake and w/ 7 kiddos in the house i cant quit sweets all together but my will power is deminishing .. I just need to think protein i have been to mcdonalds had 2 cheesburgers this week . i can actually eat 1 1/2 now . i was eating burger no bun for ever and full .. I am slipping i need something to kick me in the @$$ to .. anyone willing 270/160
Jessica Senez (Lash)
on 9/6/05 7:55 am - MD
Im starting to enter that stage too. wanting to kick my self in the choppers. im hungry all the time .. im not eating the amts i did pre op but even though the scale says i have not gained im not loosing and i feel thicker in my clothes its starting to really frustrate me,
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views