How are we all Doing?

Dawn H.
on 8/25/05 8:10 pm - Jersey CIty, NJ
HI Everyone.. Just wondering how everyone is doing and any changes one year out.. the good and the bad.. Just to see if we are all experiencing the same things. The Good Im feeling so much better .. more energy .. and I know I look good people tell me all the time I still see the "fat girl" when I look in the mirror but I know its all in my head.. I actually LIKE to exercise! The Bad. Weight loss is almost 0 now I get HUNGRY! some days I can eat like there is no tomorrow. Lately been having trouble sleeping .. not sure what this is .. I sleep 2 hrs then up. and the SKIN (YUCK) my legs FLAP when I try to run on the tredmill! would i do this surgery again? HELL YEA! Love you guys Dawn
bunnymorris
on 8/26/05 12:13 am - Georgetown, TX
RNY on 07/22/04 with
Hi Guys, I'm still around but busy starting school. I'm heading to the dentist so I have the morning off. Good; I'm at goal now!! Feel great and exercise is so in my schedule that I hate when I miss! I even had brown (age/sun) spots removed from my face and that makes you look great! I fit into a pair of size 8 jeans the other day but mostly wearing 10/12. Bad: Well not terrible but now considering plastic surgery next summer. I went to a seminar last night at our Support Group. I want the tummy tuck and inner thighs. So I'll start saving. I think after the surgery I will be able to buy pants that actually fit. Now when I buy for my waist then you can fit another person into the butt of my pants. Hope everyone is doing well. Life is amazing! Cheers to all, Bunny -125
Irene S.
on 8/26/05 6:51 am - NJ
hm.... Overall doing ok. I just recently reviewed some of my weight loss log and I posted that I was disgusted that I'm still in a size 16, with about another 50 lbs to lose. Seeing in black and white that I've lost less than 10 lbs in almost 3 months forced me to evaluate what I've been doing wrong. I've come to the conclusion that it's grazing. Eating a little here and a little there, all day long. I've also added way too many carbs. The carbs also "feed" the hunger machine. NOt exercising enough. I'm back to relying mostly on protein. Cut way back on the grazing. I've been walking, and planning on doing the Walk from Obesity in Sept. I WILL NEVER LIKE EXERCISE!!!! There I said it. I wish something would snap in me, and make me like it. But until then, I guess I'll have to just force myself to do *something*. Irene
Tara118
on 8/27/05 6:57 am - Trenton, OH
Hi everyone!!! The good is just about everything..I could go on and on. I feel great. I like the way I look in a picture...most of the time, lol. I have more confidence and I can play with Cassidy. I am at goal and I am soooo excited. I know I would have never been able to meet my goal without this surgery. The bad is the skin and lack of boobs. I hope to have plastic surgery someday. I don't know if I will ever have the money but maybe one day. Tara
jcordell
on 8/27/05 9:35 am - TX
Hey guys, Well, I'm doing alright. Weight loss has stopped, probly cuz my fat ass hasn't been working out...I'm concerned at the quantity of food I can eat...nowhere near what it used to be, but certainly more than a year ago. I'm glad to report I haven't been gaining any weight. I'm finally growing my hair back, and I'm happy to see it's coming in as thick as it was pre-op (new pic at bottom of profile). Other than that, all is well...just going to get motivated to start working out. I still have 30 pounds to go to reach my personal goal... All the love, Jeff -119
Monna W.
on 8/27/05 12:16 pm - Susanville, CA
After my tale of woe earlier, and receiving some wonderful pep talks, I realize I am doing all right. Things could be going faster, but the changes are remarkable.!! Today our neighbors and we shared a load of concrete to finish up some things. The guys were out smoothing the stuff and I saw the woman from next door and she had a drink. She had WLS about 16 months ago and I was wondering what she was drinking. Went over and had a really nice chat--not just about living with WLS, but our yards, kids, grandkids, etc. A year ago I would not have even gone out of the house. I have walked up the street several times lately to visit with the neighbors. Before I didn't even know our neighbors. I am not afraid to sit any chair--I used to have really look at chairs in new places for fear of them collapsing or not fitting in it. I walk a lot of places. When I am sewing, I get up to press each seam and the iron and ironing board are in another room--I piece quilts so there are a lot of seams to press. I can play on the floor with my grandchildren and not worry about being able to get up. I sleep a restful 8 hours a night and wake refreshed. I don't fall asleep watching TV or at the movie theater. I work in our garden. All these are things I could not do before WLS. I am so thankful for my second chance at living. I do get bummed occassionally. Thanks for listening when I have the doldrums. Monna
Janette
on 8/28/05 12:40 am - Peoria, AZ
Hi to all! I have to say I am doing very well. As of today I have lost 210 lbs. started at 363 and this am 153. I bounce around alot now as far as the weight goes so it will probably go up and down 2-4 lbs the next couple of weeks. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would lose this much. I am not as diligent as I was a month or 2 ago but I still work at it. Everyday my 35 gm protein shake and all my vitamins. Some days I can eat more than others and there is no rhyme or reason as what I will tolerate...1 day I tolerate something the next day I dont. I still have not tried anything with sugar at all...no candy, cookies, cake etc. I have not had a sandwich with bread and no pasta or rice but do like chips and dips occassionaly or anything with hard shell tortillas. I had my 1st baked potato at red Lobster the other night. I like to have some nuts or pretzels a small handful proably everyday and occassional crackers. I still use fit day and keep my protein @ at least 75 with fats under 30 and carbs < 75 but usually @ 50. I went shopping yesterday and bought a gorgeous 3 piece suit in a SIZE 12, My shirts are now a medium. And yes I need major plastics but that I am now saving for and do not know when I can afford but I plan on my batwings if nothing else by next summer. I could go on forever on the major WOW moments. The only negative is I have been having major trouble with my shoulder...did not injure it and lo and behold MRI showed a significant rotator cuff tear so surgery by next month. Janette RNY 7-13-04 363/153 - 210 lbs
Traci72
on 8/28/05 4:06 am - Hastings, MN
Still here but lurking mostly. I spend most time on the post-op pregnancy board right now. I'm doing good, but find that I'm snacking/eating more than I'd like, but all my Dr's are fine w/it as well as my RD. They all say it's due to the pregnancy, but it still is disconcerting to me. I can eat more physically at one sitting, and find that I am actually feeling HUNGRY quite often. I do NOT like it!!! I'm still a 'dumper' if I don't pay attention to what I'm eating, and it's as uncomfortable as in the beginning if/when it happens. It does serve the purpose as acting as a deterent for me, but not always. I'm also wondering if anybody is still experiencing really foul smelling gas and or 'BM's' now that we're all at least 13mos out?? I had *heard* that as you get closer to a year or more out, the odor goes not necessarily away, but gets better. It hasn't w/me. I could clear a building as bad as it smells when I have gas. I've tried several things to help, and nothing is working. Not sure what else to do. Other than that, all is great here in my world. Traci 248/128/not paying attention until late January 21wks 6days pg w/DD#2 EDD 1/2/06
(deactivated member)
on 8/28/05 5:19 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
THE GOOD: Physically, I'm just about as normal as normal-sized people are. Sure, I wear a size 22 instead of an 8, but my size no longer keeps me from participating in normal activities. I can ride amusement park rides, can fit in any seat out in public, can walk up and down hills without huffing and puffing, and can even climb "drop off" type hills (nearly straight up and down to the river for swimming). I enjoy shopping now, much to the bank account's dismay. I also exercise faithfully, and people actually recognize me from the gym! Also, my sleep apnea and high blood pressure are both gone, gone gone! THE BAD: I'm still fat. No matter how much I've lost, I still have a long way to go. It's scary and frustrating, and it's getting so much harder to stay on track than it used to be. Physical hunger has finally returned, and between that and head hunger, I'm constantly battling old habits. In my mind, I still look like I did before surgery...I haven't noticed a difference. And now I'm also suffering from major envy...my July family is reaching goal, and even my sister has lost 50lbs in the last 5 months. Mentally, I'm a mess! Obviously, I am so much better off for having surgery that I shouldn't complain. Even if I never lost another pound, I can live my life the way I'd like to. I'm more functional than even some normal-sized people. That means a lot to me! Pamela stuck at -111
bobby s
on 9/6/05 4:36 pm - Central, FL
Hey everyone, I'm going to do my list backwards. Seems more appropriate to save the best for last. So here goes my version of "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly" in reverse.... THE UGLY.... It has been a brutal reality for me that I don't have the "fat" card to use as an excuse for everything that happens in my life anymore. It was easy to blame all my problems on my weight and blame all of my emotion problems on it too. It was easy to blame other people for how I felt and how I perceived myself as being mistreated all the time. Now that I'm thinner, and some of the problems still remain, I've had to deal with the reality that the problem was never with other people....it was ME. I'm the reason why I'm not as successful...or as popular....or whatever. It's hard to come to the realization that people don't like you because of YOU...not your weight. It was easy to blame not having a social life or lots of dates or opportunities on my weight. It may have been part of it, but there is no excuse for not taking control of my life. I have had to deal with a lot of emotional baggage that was just too easy to dismiss or hide away. That has been my biggest post-op problem by far. THE BAD.... The smell. Oh, it can be fun on a night with just the guys. But most of the time it is not so fun. THE GOOD.... Life!!! It is amazing just how much you let things slip by you when you are big. Being 432 pounds I could not fit in a normal sized chair, go to the movies, use a regular bathroom stall, or even tie my shoes. Now 236 pounds later I am able to do so many things that I could only dream about a year ago. I feel so blessed to be given a chance to live again. It is almost like being reborn in some ways. Something I have learned is to appreciate the little things and never take anything for granted. The world is such an amazing place and the beauty can take your breath away if you let it. Bobby (432/196/-236 pounds)
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views