Anyone start dumping a year out????

on my W.
on 8/25/05 7:14 am - Canada
Hello Everyone, Well I went on vacation and was right off my normal routine of protein shakes and being really good with eating every three hours....anyway...I have started to dump and on things like a cookie...a small piece of cake....things I could eat several months ago....even fruit or juice.....I now know how terrible it can feel and in my mind I say ...WOW...I am lucky as maybe now I can get the last 25 pounds off" but in reality I really feel terrible......I literally had to go lie down after a tiny piece of birthday cake this past week....(my husband's)......has anyone every heard of someone developing this a year out.......???? I would love to hear from anyone who has any thoughts on this. Hugs to all Karen from Canada
Lalocaweta
on 8/25/05 10:54 am - Spicewood, TX
Karen: In the past 2 months or so - I have started dumping on things that I have eaten for 10 months with no problem....I talked to my surgeon about it and he really did not have a good answer as to why it was happening. I know this does not help you in anyway...Just know you are not alone. I CAN'T eat anything w/ more then 7 grams of sugar and I don't even try. I can eat fruit/drink juice - later in the day - but not first thing in day. (Seems to have something to do w/ needing something in the tummy - not sure) But - I have dumped on cottage cheese (Yeph...), sandwich meat, etc. If you figure out a pattern - let me know. Anne 263/150/138
(deactivated member)
on 8/26/05 2:13 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
I was always a dumper, but the concentration of sugar had to be high, like in jelly. It used to be a little bit of sugar made me feel sluggish, and a lot made me really miserable. These days, though, I'm dumping on a lot less. Even pretzels send me to the couch! I guess our bodies are just going to be fickle from here on out...everything will continue to be trial and error...forever. I guess that keeps me from pressing my luck on sugar, though! Pamela -111
Julie B.
on 8/31/05 6:23 am - Bear Creek, NC
I started dumping 9 months out .... I keep hoping I'll dump from beer ;) but so far just ice cream and really sweet or fatty things. You're dumping is a blessing! Good luck getting the rest of the wieght off.
Jessica Senez (Lash)
on 9/7/05 1:01 am - MD
I have always had dumping with sweets or high fat from beginning up untill now! i actually take it as a blessing a sign that my surgery is still working
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views