I've Got a Job...I Think!

(deactivated member)
on 8/25/05 5:58 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Yesterday, I had a job interview (my fourth interview, third school district in three weeks) for a teacher's aide position in the school district that we live in. My other three interviews didn't land me a job, so I pretty much went into this figuring I had nothing to lose. Really, it's amazing what an "oh well" attitude can do for your confidence! I first interviewed with the middle school principal. As it turned out, he knows my in-laws from the past and also happens to live in the same neighborhood as they do. He also attended the college I got my BA from. So right away he decided he wanted me in his school. He sent me to the assistant superintendant who also interviewed me, then set me to filling out the tax forms and recommending that I do anything I can while I'm a teacher's aide to gain more experience so that I can wind up with a teaching job. Last night was the school board meeting, where my name was being submitted for approval. Then the principal is supposed to call me back. So far, he hasn't, and that makes me nervous. That is why I say "I think I have a job." So anyway...that's my exciting news. A real job where I don't have to feel like a failure. This job is closer to home and has better pay than the other three jobs that I didn't get. Funny how disappointment can work out in your favor! Pamela still -111
on my W.
on 8/25/05 7:17 am - Canada
Pam, I will say a prayer that you land this job....yes it is so true. I remember a poster I had in my classroom that said "Remember..you are always exactly where you need to be"....that is so true. Even when we can't see the path ahead, or we think we should be going in a new direction...things work out just as they should. Hope you get the call soon. Karen.
Jennifier1
on 8/25/05 12:30 pm - Weirton, WV
Congratulations!!! I wish you so much luck. I have an interview tomorrow for a long term sub position that I am really paying that I get. It will be for the entire year!!!! That seems to be the only way to get into this school district and I'd really like to work there.
(deactivated member)
on 8/26/05 2:15 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
I hope everything goes well with your interview! Getting into a school district is not easy, that's for sure! As for me, I talked to the principal today. He wants me to come in early on Monday morning so he can tell me his expectations and offer me the job if I want it. So I guess that means I'm a working woman!
Jennifier1
on 8/28/05 10:20 am - Weirton, WV
Good luck with the job this week. You'll do great! I got the job I interviewed for on Friday. They called me within 20 minutes of me leaving the school. I feel such a huge sigh of relief. Now my fiance is going to be able to come back home to Ohio from New Jersey.
Irene S.
on 8/25/05 3:44 pm - NJ
Congratulations, Pamela! That's wonderful news! I'm sure they'll be calling you real soon! I got a job too. I will be working for my bariatric surgeon starting next week. I haven't worked in more that 15 years, so I'm pretty scared! Irene
(deactivated member)
on 8/26/05 2:19 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Working for your surgeon...how did you manage that? That's terrific! You'll really be an asset for them, having been through the whole experience. Congratulations! Do you start on Monday? I'm supposed to start on Monday, after a short meeting with the principal where he's officially offering me the job. I think. Too bad he didn't have me come in today to get all this over with. Now I'm going to spend the whole weekend worrying about him changing his mind!
Irene S.
on 8/26/05 6:43 am - NJ
Thanks Pamela. I don't know how this worked out, except that it's been in the 'works' for a looooong time. I start on 9/1, which is odd, starting on a Thursday especially right before a holiday weekend. Tuesday I have to go for employee orientation. This will be a HUGE adjustment for my family and me. I'll keep you in my thoughts and send good vibes your way for Monday. The fact that you seem to have a wonderful rapport with the boss is a wonderful thing. This is and will be the PERFECT job for you! Don't worry, it'll ALL fall into place nicely. irene
(deactivated member)
on 8/26/05 6:08 am - Somewhere Else
I hope you get this! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you! Linda 268/132.5 BELOW GOAL! and.....ENGAGED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (wedding date set: August 5th, 2006!)
jcordell
on 8/27/05 9:38 am - TX
Hang in there Pamela...on, by the way, if you want to relocate to Las Vegas, you could get a teaching job right out the gate. School starts next week, and we are still 300 teachers short...we had to bring in hundreds from the Phillipenes... Anyway, good luck! I hope it works out for you. Jeff -119
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views