Calories, regain, and plastics

Shrinking-Violet
on 8/22/05 9:08 am - Maricopa, AZ
Hi July babes! I'm curious as to how many calories per day you're consuming now at 13 months out? I've GAINED a total of 7 lbs. from my lowest weight. Now my "lowest" weight was right after my arm lift and since I could not raise my arms enough to bring a utensil to my mouth, I lived off of protein shakes only. (Because I could drink them through a straw- hands free). Of course, as soon as I was able to feed myself my weight went back up. I have to admit that I've been eating like a horse. Well, sort of. You see, I still cannot eat the volume that I used to at one sitting- so I know my pouch is still working. But I CAN eat more than I used to and I've started to "out eat" my surgery in the fact that I feel hungry all the time and therefore eat all day long. I'll eat half a sandwich, or half a burrito, (or half a whatever) because that's all my pouch can take- and even then I feel stuffed to the gills. BUT THEN, like an hour later I can go back and eat the other half! Argh!!! Basically, all this "overeating" and grazing happens on the weekends when I'm at home with the hubby. When I commute to another city during the week and stay with my Mom, I essentially do "damage control" all week long. I feel like I have to practically starve myself in order to get back down to my pre-weekend weight. I know this is super unhealthy and is the reason I'm stuck with the weight loss and constantly fluctuating 2-3 lbs. So, I guess I need a kick in the arse guys! C'mon, lay it on me! Btw- I have round 2 of plastic surgery in just 3 days!!! Tummy tuck and breast augmentation. Yikes- I am so scared this time. I've had so many surgeries lately, I'm practically a pro at it. But for some reason I have a lot of fear with this one. -Angela 229/138/145/134
JustHat
on 8/23/05 3:10 pm - NM
2 weeks out of the month, I am hugry all the time. The only thing that fills me up is eating grapes. Then the other two weeks, I am not hungry and lose back down. My range is about 5 pounds. I am just entering the hungry all the time stage. Today I ate two protein bars, one tamale and 1/2 cup of eggs and green chili. Then I had a bite of Big Hunk. I have no idea how many calories that is. I try and water load when I am in hungry mode. I have a TT and breast lift with implants a week from tomorrow. Tricare denied me, so I am self pay. Are you getting implants? Silcone or saline? How did you decide how big to go? Are you going to stay over night in the hospital? Are you having an anchor cut or just a hip to hip? Can you tell I am a little excited for both of us? Good luck, Hat
Shrinking-Violet
on 8/24/05 1:07 am - Maricopa, AZ
Hi Hat! Yes, I'm getting implants. Mentor, moderate profile, saline, round, under the muscle, 425cc filled to 475cc. Choosing the size was a tough decision and I changed my mind several times! My poor surgeon. I kept calling him, freaking out that the size I chose would be too big. In the end I did go with the bigger implant because I do have a wide ribcage and I'm still on the heavier side (5'2" at 142 lbs.). My surgeon said the larger implant would like good on my frame. He was afraid that if I went too small I'd be disappointed. Yes, I will be staying one night in the hospital and going home the next day if all goes well. As for the tummy tuck, I was approved for a panniculectomy by insurance and have paid to "upgrade" it to a full abdominoplasty with anchor incision and muscle tightening. Have you decided on implant size/brand/type yet? I'm also very excited for both of us! Please come back after surgery (when you're feeling up to it) and let us know how it went and how you're recovering. -Angela lap rny 07/28/04 229/142/134 brachioplasty 06/14/05 TT & BA 08/25/05
jcordell
on 8/27/05 9:41 am - TX
Hey Angela, Good luck with your PS...you look awesome! You'll be in our thoughts/prayers! Jeff -119
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views