Not good news

Traci K.
on 8/12/05 8:34 am - Sullivan, MO
I have an internal hernia and Dr. Richardson wanted to do the surgery TODAY! Yikes!! I wasn't prepared for that; so we scheduled it for Tuesday. He made me promise that if it got bad that I would come in sooner and have it done. *sigh* The good news is that once this is done, he said it won't happen again. Until then, I'm in awful pain and plan to hit the couch until Tuesday. So please pray for me. Nothing really super bad I guess - just painful and inconvenient. Traci
Sherri_B
on 8/12/05 11:36 am - washington, MO
I am sorry to hear that i hope you feel better soon keep us updated .. take care and get some rest
Danelle72
on 8/13/05 6:00 am - Las Vegas, NV
Traci, I am so sorry to hear you are in so much pain. But I am glad they found out what is causing it and that you will be ok. You look great!!! I hope you have a safe and speedy recovery!!! Prayers coming your way. Love Danelle
IrishIze
on 8/14/05 12:45 am - NJ
Oh Traci - I'm so sorry to hear that you have a hernia. I'm sure everything will go well and of course, you'll be in my thoughts and prayers. Did they say what caused the hernia? Was it WLS related? You're in my thoughts and prayers.... Hugs and Nancy -118
Traci K.
on 8/15/05 6:25 am - Sullivan, MO
Thanks for the prayers. Yes, it is WLS related. Dr. Richardson said statistically, 6% of WLS post-ops will have this, but Dr. R. thinks the figure is much higher. If you ever have unexplained pouch/stomach pain - get to the doctor. With these internal hernias, the pain and come and go, so that makes people think it's nothing serious. Also, it can be hard for other surgeons/doctors to find, as it doesn't easily show up on MRI, x-ray, etc.... even if they opened you up, if the intestines look normal, they can miss the problem if they don't know where to look. I haven't had any pain since Friday... so I called Dr. R.'s office today and spoke with Patty - who plainly told me that I was not to cancel this surgery that even if I wasn't in pain at the moment, I still needed the surgery! It's apparently very serious and can be life threatening. I did some searching here at OH and discovered that it is very serious. Soooo, off I go in the AM to get it fixed. I'll try and check in with everyone later this week. I'll be at St Alexius in St Louis is anyone wants to call and check on me (Traci Knoppe).
deeno
on 8/15/05 1:35 am - Kokomo, IN
Hang in there, Traci. Glad they found the little trouble maker. You'll feel better soon. Diana
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views