Ouch - Pouch pain!

Traci K.
on 8/11/05 3:00 am - Sullivan, MO
I'm not sure what's going on - but my pouch has been hurting the past few days. Anyone develop an ulcer post-op? I'm wondering if that's it. Anyway to know, without running to the doctor and getting scoped? Symptoms (besides pain)? I've had a lot of stress lately, so I guess it could just be that. I have been drinking caffeine. Traci
IrishIze
on 8/11/05 5:29 am - NJ
I developed an ulcer about a month after surgery. I also had a stricture, so I can't really say what the symptoms for the ulcer were. I'm taking Protonix every day and the doc says probably for the rest of my life. I drink 2 cups of regular coffee every day - doesn't seem to have any ill effects. Stress, on the other hand, can lead to all sorts of things. Probably best to get it checked. Hope you're feeling better soon!! Hugs, Nancy -116
Irene S.
on 8/11/05 5:51 am - NJ
could definitely be an ulcer. The pain you describe, along with the stress you're under, could add up to one. But you need to go to your doc to get a definite answer and a prescription for medication so that it doesn't become a giant problem. irene P.s. They don't have to scope you. They can do tests with contrast.
Traci K.
on 8/11/05 7:10 am - Sullivan, MO
I called Dr. Richardson - Patty wants me to come in. I'm 1.5 hours away, so she got me in tomorrow afternoon at 2:45pm. Okay, now I'm worried! I have to take my 3 kiddos with me, as I don't have anyone to watch them. I'll keep ya posted.
Traci K.
on 8/11/05 7:10 am - Sullivan, MO
I called Dr. Richardson - Patty wants me to come in. I'm 1.5 hours away, so she got me in tomorrow afternoon at 2:45pm. Okay, now I'm worried! I have to take my 3 kiddos with me, as I don't have anyone to watch them. I'll keep ya posted.
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views