Checking In

(deactivated member)
on 8/5/05 1:20 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
It's been a long time since I've posted. Actually, it's been a long time since I've really even come to OH. I've been pretty busy, and to be honest, I don't really have much to say these days. We went camping in Ohio so that we could attend the King's Royal sprint car races for two nights. Tony Stewart, who owns the Eldora track, was there and walked so close to me that I could have pinched his butt. Not that I had any interest in him whatsoever. I had my picture taken with my favorite driver and got his autograph on a hat (Kraig Kinser). We got pictures and autographs of other drivers as well. As soon as we got home, we left for a week in Branson, again a camping trip. We stayed right on Lake Tanneycomo and could sit and watch the boats go by all day long. My husband did a lot of night fishing, but it was just too cold for Caitlin and me down on the docks late at night. One day, we rented a boat, and I FINALLY caught two trout. We went to Silver Dollar City, where we walked up and down the hills all day in 100 degree weather...and I did NOT keel over! I fit on every ride that I rode (there were only two rides we avoided because they looked way too scary for me). We spent a day swimming at a nice beach at Table Rock Lake. My in-laws came down to Branson for a few days and spent a lot of time visiting us and taking us to dinner. It was a great trip, and despite all the bad eating I did (you know how vacations are!), I came back weighing one pound less. I've had a couple of job interviews for a teacher's aide position. One of them I know I didn't get, but I'm still waiting to hear about the other one. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I did have to buy clothes to interview in, and I figured, well, even if I don't get a job, I'll be subbing and will need nice clothes, so I've been shopping like nuts. Kind of hard on the wallet, you know. I've bought some size 22 pants and shirts and a skirt. A 22, when I could hardly squeeze into a 32. Now that's progress! Too bad I'm still fat... My body is reacting strangely to foods that didn't bother it before. And of course, I've eaten a couple of things that I shouldn't have, and that's made me sick as well. I dump on pretzels, which is really odd, because I never had a problem with them in the past. Just a few bites of biscuits and gravy make me nauseous, and I can't even eat chicken strips at a restaurant (just 1 made me feel sick). I also had some funnel cake and ice cream while on vacation, and while I didn't exactly dump, I was nauseated for a long time. I guess the biggest thing that has happened to me is that I've turned 30. I'm not sure what that means yet. I have no career and feel like a failure. But I can't make people give me a teaching job...it just doesn't work that way. I got a butterfly tattoo on my ankle as a way to rebel against being this old. Unfortunately, I still found a gray hair. Well, I guess that's all I really have to say. It's a lot, but nothing really profound. Oh well! Pamela 352/241/150 -111
bugsmom
on 8/5/05 7:16 am - In Mom's House, CA
Never say 30. It's twenty-ten. So happy twenty-tenth birthday! Sounds like you've been busy. Isn't it great! I never used to really go anywhere or do anything, but now that I'm down over 100 lbs it's amazing how much I do. Merritt
Lovin2cu
on 8/6/05 7:33 am - southbridge, MA
Hi Pamela, Im so glad you checked in! It sounds like you had a great vacation. It must be very frustrating trying to find a job. What level do you teach? I kinda always wanted to be a teacher, but never pursued it. I havent taken a college course in two years and decided this Fall to start back again. I turned 36 this year. Thirty wasnt bad for me, it was 29 that hit hard. Thirty Six wasnt easy either. I have to admit though, the 30's have been the best. Keep your chin up... I am in 22s now too, down from TIGHT 30-32s. I sometimes get discouraged, thinking by now I would be in 14s or 16s. But, Ill take the 22s.. . Keep up the good work and let us know about the teaching jobs!! Lisa in Mass 360/283/164
Traci K.
on 8/6/05 9:55 pm - Sullivan, MO
Hey Pamela You're doing well! Congrats on the 22's and enjoying your vacation!! I admit, I don't come to OH as often as I used to - I'm just too busy!! I too have had some dumping/food issues with foods that didn't used to bother me. Don't have a clue what's up with that!! But overall, I'm doing very well too. Traci 250/151/149 (may or may not ever get there!)
IrishIze
on 8/7/05 1:20 am - NJ
Hi Pamela - It seems like a lot of us are out and living our new trimmer lives! It's good to hear from you, and it sounds like you're doing well and feeling good. There are certain foods that I dump on and certain foods that I seem to be able to eat too much. I still have some food issues such as bingeing, but I'm so much more aware of things and I'm thinking of seeing a therapist to help. Otherwise, I'm so happy with my new life and new ability to live it to the fullest. Still stuck at the 161, 162 mark. Really want to get down to 145-150. Oh well, as long as I have a goal I'll keep on working toward it. Hope you get a job soon, and hope to see you back here more often. Hugs, Nancy -116
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views