LOMN for Panniculectomy

lsutiger80
on 8/4/05 8:54 am - Metairie, LA
received my Letter of Medical Necessity for my panniculectomy from my PCP today. The patient advocate at my surgeon's office says that's the last thing we needed and are now just waiting to schedule my hernia repair and panniculectomy at the new hospital that is opening at the end of this month. Should be having the surgery in early September. Since Medicare is my primary and UHC my secondary, there isn't any hold up on the insurance end as far as I am aware of. I asked my surgeon's nurses at the last support meeting whether Dr. W will give me a new belly button and was told that he most definitely gives you a belly button (no offense Jeanie--just wanted one if I had a choice). I need to get back on track since I have put on 2 lbs this month. Not a big deal but don't want to start any kind of trend since I have this surgery coming up. I will be turning 47 tomorrow and cannot think of a better way to celebrate than with being at goal and having my hernia repair and panniculectomy in a month. This time last year I was in the hospital (yea--went in on my birthday) for the 4th time due to complications and was having my 3rd surgery. What a difference a year makes! Rhonda 225/112/110
Traci K.
on 8/6/05 9:58 pm - Sullivan, MO
Congrats on your surgery approval! Okay, so what issues are you having that they considered it medical necessity? My insurance apparently will also pay if it's medically necessary; but I'm not sure if a few rashes is enough to qualify or if there's some other problem (like back pain that I'm having) that could be caused my the skin too. Traci
DEBI
on 8/8/05 4:16 am - Indianapolis, IN
Congrats!!! I have my plastics to look forward to next summer....can hardly wait. Good luck and speedy healing to you for your upcoming surgery.....sounds like you are on the last leg of the race!!! RNY 7/28/04 296/170/140
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views