BIRTH CONTROL

AngelFlyingHappy
on 8/3/05 3:58 am - Oxnard, CA
Hi everyone. What has anyone learned about birth control for us? Someone told me that we malabsorb the pills. Has anyone asked their docs? Thanks ahead of time!!! Michelle 388/355/192/140
Deejay
on 8/3/05 6:43 am - Sparks, NV
I've heard that too, but I use the nuvaring and will never use anything else. Far less hormones cuz they are absorbed vaginally (at the source so to speak) and you only have to worry about it once every 3 weeks to take it out for a period and then put in a new one after the period. Its the best thing in the world!!! Deejay 259/157/150 -102 7 more til goal!
AngelFlyingHappy
on 8/3/05 7:18 am - Oxnard, CA
You cant feel it in there?? How often do you have to actually replace the ring itself. Is it easy to insert?
Deejay
on 8/3/05 7:28 am - Sparks, NV
I never feel it in there at all. You put it in once, leave it in for 3 weeks and then remove it for one week to have a period and put in a new one at the end of the period week. Its not very big at all it reminds me of those rubber bracelets from the 80's that everyone wore 1000 of them on one arm. You squeeze it in half and insert it similar to a tampon and it opens back up inside. I've never had a problem with it and dh doesn't feet it either except with fingers (hehe). I love it so much and will never use anything else! Deejay
iowedad2
on 8/3/05 11:53 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 07/07/04 with
Hey there! My doc told me to take extra precaution because we can't absorb the pill. But to be honest, that is the only form of control I was using and never had any problems. But there are some who were on the pill and using a barrier method and still got PG. I would recommend going to the post op pregnancy board - there is alot of good info about BC, etc. OF course, the only way to truly prevent yourself from PG is abstanance but who wants that! hahah! Thanks Jaime
MargaretD
on 8/4/05 6:40 am - Nashville, TN
I was on the patch for a while because I was worried about the malabsorption issues. The hormones were way too high for me...I guess with my smaller body mass, I feel them a LOT more! Also, I lost my ******!!! So, now I am on the pill. I had an abnormal pap test (not too serious, so don't worry) and so I have to wait before I can do the IUD. I thought about nuvaring, but heard there was a discharge and just typing that word makes me feel icky! Anyway, so far, so good on the pill. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Margaret 238/127.6/125
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views