Happy Rebirth to ME!!!

scholarmama
on 7/30/05 7:01 am - Hemet, CA
I cant believe it has been a year since I have started this journey and what a year it has been. I started this process at 388 lbs and in size 32, 4x to 5x... and now fast forward a year later and I am 205 lbs (darn those blessed 5 lbs...lol) and wearing 15-16 for a total loss of 183 lbs. Although not weight wise, but size wise I am half the person I was. But my life has multiplied by 2. I am living life now rather than watching it go by, I am exercising on a regular basis, and I love it... whoda thunk... I play with my kids and have the energy to do so, I go to school, work... and seems like I could keep going like the energizer bunny. I have a world wind year too... I have graduated with my BA... got married... and began my Master's program and will start teaching (well subbing long term) I rode my first roller coaster in 12 years, rode a bike (haven't done that in 15)... I bought clothes from a "normal" store... I have had people not recognize me, I have been flirted with, (doesn't make hubby happy...lol) I can wear an anklet, I can share clothes with friends... (I love that... never have been able to b4) I cannot tell you the joy that is in my life now. I think the coolest part is that my son saw pictures of me heavy and didn't even know that it was me... how cool is that!!! For those just starting the journey... you are in for a hell of a ride, but a ride you will never forget. For those of you right there with me... I am so glad to have had you all by my side. Now that my school is out for the summer, I should be on here more often. I can't wait to see you all again. I will be having surgery again here soon... a hysterectomy because I am becoming anemic (nothing related to the surgery) they will be repairing a hernia that I have (not from the surgery) and I will be having a panniculectomy... (this is what I am most excited about...wooo hooo)... I will keep you all posted as to the updates of things... I love my OH family... thanks for the ride Loni B -183 lbs and still going... only a looooooooooooooot slower...lol
IrishIze
on 7/31/05 1:21 am - NJ
Happy Re-birthday to you Loni!! You look fantastic and wow, what a year it's been for you!! Wishing you all the best with your surgeries - let us know how you're doing! Hugs, Nancy -116
Danelle72
on 7/31/05 2:39 am - Las Vegas, NV
Loni, Congrats on all your success!!! You look wonderful. What a smile. Good luck with your up coming surgeries. Have a fast and safe recovery. Take care and keep us posted on how you are doing. Congrats again on your awsome journey. Love Danelle
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views