Happy Anniversary

pflugerchick
on 7/28/05 12:46 am - Elizabeth, CO
Today marks my one-year anniversary of the start of my weight loss journey. And what a journey it has been. Day one I went into Rose with no fear or trepidation, I knew this was the right choice for me and I was ready for it. I have had no complications, although weeks 3 thru 6 were a little rough eating pureed meat (its a texture thing). I have gone from wearing size 32 Jeans to size 12. So many wardrobes have passed through my hands, this past year, the sizes kept getting smaller. You may say I wish I had her problem!!! This is a problem when you understand that I HATE to shop, especially for clothes!!!! In the past you would rarely see me in new threads, simply because I would wear them until they fell apart. Now I am giving up my size 14 suits to a girlfriend who is slimming down herself. All told I started this journey at 294lbs and have lost 119lbs. I now weight 175 and I have only 26lbs to go!! I have also had some life changing events happen, I started back to school to finish my BA History; I left my job of seven years (should have left sooner but did not have the courage to before) and started a new job. I also joined a great social group (Meetin.org) and have met some incredible people, made some good friends and am enjoying all of the events. I also started dating again; it had been almost seven years since I had been on the dating scene. It was scary at first, but I too a few baby steps, signed up with eharmony went on a lot of first dates had some disappointments and effectively gave up. But you know that old saying that "If you stop looking it will happen." Well it happened for me at an event through my social group. I had given up and was not even looking at the opposite sex. But a great guy was looking at me. We got to know each other through email and then went on our first date a month later. I felt so comfortable with him that I told him about my Gastric By Pass surgery on the first date!!! And he didn't run away!!!! We have been dating for almost three months!!! If you had told me a year ago all these changes would be happening, I would have told you, you were crazy. But since I have had the surgery, and have followed Dr. Snyder's rules, I find that I have the discipline and the spirit to go for my dreams and reach for the stars, nothing is beyond my reach. So for all of you considering this surgery, do your homework, know this is not the quick fix; it is a serious life-altering event that will be with you your entire life. And if you decide this is what you want to do, go for it and if it is not for you still remember to dream and to reach for those goals, be happy and most of all LOVE yourself....
Danelle72
on 7/28/05 1:01 am - Las Vegas, NV
Victoria, Congrats on all your success. You are doing an awsome job. Wow from a size 32 to a size 12 thats amazing. You sound like you are enjoying life now. It was a great post. Keep up the great work and congrats on the new man in your life. You deserve to be happy. You have gone through so many different changes in just one year. Take care and congrats for a year well done. Here is to the next year. Luv Danelle
pflugerchick
on 7/28/05 6:17 am - Elizabeth, CO
Thank you for your wonderful reply. I have been working really hard with my personal trainer. This journey has not been easy, but it has been worth every minute!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views