ATTEN: TRACIE K UNITED HEALCARE

Sherri_B
on 7/26/05 6:54 am - washington, MO
Well i called them today spoke w/ a very nice lady .She told me they do cover plastics if it is medically nec. all that is required is a pre determination letter from dr.s and why it is med . nec.. and she said yes they have coverd these types of surgries .. My only problem is i no longer get boils or rashes .. under my belly . and the few times i did get them i used ,lotrimen sp . and it cleared them up .. she said if it is a tt thigh lift breat what ever just have dr write .. It must not be for cosmetic reasons . and at this point my tummy isnt severe but i hate it .. so i am gonna see what i can do to get it covered ... and my thighs .. boobs i will pay for so just wanted to share let me know if you have called the dr . and what his name and number is i dont have a clue i want to set up a conseltation soon ..
Traci K.
on 7/26/05 8:03 pm - Sullivan, MO
Thanks for the info!!!! I may be able to get my breast reduction then, as my doc has been recommending that for me for awhile now and I do have other medical issues going on with that. I have had some minor irritation from my tummy hang, but didn't really document. I'll start taking photos and/or going to the doctor for that too. Gee, maybe I can get this covered!! Wouldn't that be nice!!
GailD
on 7/27/05 12:44 pm - Racine, WI
Thanks for the info, Sherri. I'm pretty much in the same place as you. My tummy doesn't bother me too much, and I don't really get any rashes, but it sure makes a difference in how some clothes fit! I'm over 50, so I should be happy with what I've got...but this weight loss has been so successful...now I want a flat (or at least flatter) tummy, too! I saw my surgeon yesterday for my 1 year check-up, and he thinks a tt would be great for me, but says I need to document any rashes or problems caused by the overhanging skin. I think I need to go see a plastic surgeon to get some additional info. Have you researched the cost of a tummy tuck? Just curious. Gail D. 252/136/135
Sherri_B
on 7/29/05 4:33 am - washington, MO
No i havent got any figurs as of yet .. I am sure they work hard to get you approved as well .I am gonna call my pcp and get in for some skin irritations .. My goal is to have tt by feb . My mil had one a year ago and her belly is hard as a rock and flat as a pancake .. I cant wait ..
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views