Update on Wisconsin Bill...follow-up

Impala2k
on 7/26/05 3:39 am - Smithtown, NY
Hi All, I just read in one of the forums that the issue surrounding the Governor of Wisconsin, who originally wanted to allow Medicaid to give the boot to the policy of paying for Gastric Bypass Surgery, has just given a "VETO" to eliminating this surgery from their policies. This is really great for everyone who is entitled to this wonderful chance at a brand new life. I for one am extremely proud, because I actually e-mailed the Governor my story, and put him up to a little challenge... Read on... **************************************************************** Thanks, Cathleen Byrnes! Your email, below, has been received and will be reviewed shortly. E-Mail: [email protected] Date Sent: 7/12/2005 12:31:15 PM Subject: I'm NOT going to die now! Please don't allow others to... I guess you don't have any morbidly obese sons, daughters, parents or a wife that cries herself to sleep because of the pain she endures EVERY SINGLE DAY of her life? http://www.obesityheIp.comlmorbidobesityle.phtml?N=Bl078770035 This is my journey through 170 lbs of weight loss ... please read it, I mean really read it. I would also like for you to take on this challenge, as a Governor of an entire state who swore he would take on all challenges faced by his state, if you are up to it, trust me you want to take this challenge to prove you are really a worthy human being to hold such power ... Drive up to the local pet store, yep ... Petco, Petsmart or any mom & pop place of your choosing. Ask the clerk for 3 - 501b bags of doggie chow, and 1 - 201b bag as well. Don't ask for help loading it into your shiny new vehicle, just pay for them, place all 4 bags on your shoulders, back or any part you wish, and walk them out yourself. Here's the REAL challenge... Secure all 4 bags, distributing evenly around your body with any means necessary, tape, rope, straps, it doesn't really matter ... then proceed to function throughout the rest of the day with these hindrances on your body! That is my Challenge, Governor, and you cannot take them off for a full 24 hours, including bathroom breaks, golfing, driving your SUV or going to that delightful luncheon planned at the local country club! After you have spent just 24 hours, please remove the bags, go to your computer screen, and type me an email telling me about your day in HELL. I will read your email, nod my head in agreement of how AWFUL it was to walk, sit, drive and even take a pee, you see Governor, I was carrying ALL 170 lbs extra myself once, and had it not been for GASTRIC BYPASS SURGERY, I think I would be crippled or dead now, and NOBODY SHOULD EVER HAVE TO FEEL THIS WAY AGAIN! NOBODY! Take care Governor, and may God be with you! Cathleen M Byrnes Office of the Governor 115 East State Capitol Madison, WI 53702 608-266-1212 608-267-6790 (TTY) 608-267-8983 (FAX) This was the actual e-mail I wrote to the Governor, and it was straight from my heart, dedicated to those who needed a fighting chance, I did it for you!!! 7-20-04 * 7-26-05: -122 lbs (-172 lbs total including pre-surgery)
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views