Thanks Sherri B....Thanks

on my W.
on 7/25/05 11:30 pm - Canada
Hello Everyone, Well I was just reading Sherri's post and the sentence about her being stuck at 163-160 for six months rang a bell. I have been at the high 170's for the same 6 months and although I can eat normally and not gain....I have not been motivated to keep going. I know there are a lot of us out there that have been coasting and I have the drive to get back on track now that I know that it is possible to keep losing weight. My little voice kept telling me that this was likely the end of the road but I know I can do better. I gradually let the water slip, the protein slip, the exercise slip...and it was no surprise that my weight hasn't moved but when people share their success it does give us all hope. Thanks....this is a great board to get support. I will try and check in more often. I think I lost touch when I had nothing positive to report but that is just the time when we all need to be checking in. Hugs to all....Karen
Danelle72
on 7/26/05 1:46 am - Las Vegas, NV
Hang in there Karen, You can do this. We have gotten so much stronger with each step of this journey. You have come way to far to give up now. I must admit I want to quit some times too! I hate the up and down game. But I know in the end it will be the down side. It gets so frustrating and makes us so mad. But we can beat this. We have very strong will power. Look at what we have done to get here. If it wasn't for everyone on this board I would have already given up and said oh well this is my destiny. But If I want it bad enough I can make it happen. I know for me it has gotten harder the further out I get. But I am going to make this work. I don't ever want to be the way I was before surgery. I wasn't even living. Now I love my life and can't imagine going back to sitting in a dark house with the blinds closed because I didn't want anyone to see me. Well you are ding a great job. SO hang in there. It will happen. I guess this is just one more lesson. To learn to be patient. You take care and remember we are always here for you. We can all help each other to succed. Sending a big hug your way. Congrats on the hard work you have done so far. Love Danelle
Sherri_B
on 7/26/05 2:00 am - washington, MO
AWWW.. I was so touched to get on and see this it teared me up . It is amasing to see how a post of my thoughts and feelings helped and touched someone enough for them to take time and make there own post .I will tell you it is rough when you have slipped to have to pick yourself up again .But i am setting small goals to just get my protein and water in for the day and to do that walk at least 3 days a week mor when it cools down . I know it helps to come here and know that your scale is not the only one moving . My dr told me the last 20 pounds is the hardest to lose if i want to lose them i have to want it bad enough to work them off . although i am comfy at 160 i would like to go lower just in case i am in the percentage to gain some back . 145 sounds nice to me .. It is hard work at this point we have to work to lose them as for me the other 110 pounds came off w/o any working out . now reality sets in . As well as some old habits . like bread . i never ate that for the first 6-7 monts . i still only eat it on occasion . thank you so much for taking the time to thank me Your a sweetie and remember you are not alone and we can do this ..
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views