One Year Out Yesterday

Tanja Y
on 7/23/05 10:04 pm - Wahiawa, HI
Yesterday was my one year sugery anniversary so I celebrated by hitting the gym hard! The elliptical machine and I have a love/hate relationship but I spent a steady and sweaty 15 minutes on it anyway. I can still remember the very first time I hopped up on that thing, within a minute I was red in the face, drenched in sweat and my legs were screaming in pain. Still not my favorite thing to do, but at least I can do it. Did a couple of miles on the bike and the treadmill. Before surgery it winded me to walk my kids to the park! What a big difference in my life this surgery has made. Last night dh and I went to the movies for our date night. Seat was comfy, had wiggle room and even tho I didn't need the space, we put the armrest up and I scooted partway into his seat and we snuggled throughout the whole movie. Last year I would have had bruises on my hips the next day because the seat would have squeezed me so bad. Yesteday I had to put a new notch in my belt and I wore an old pair of jeans my sister returned to me. They were jeans I had given her over 4 years ago that I hadn't been able to fit into for almost 2 years. They are too big and even with the belt on I had to hitch them up several times. But I wore them to prove a point. I am smaller now then I was after my second pregnancy which is when I bought those jeans. I have gone from 448 pounds the day of surgery to 264 a year later and I know there's no way I could have done this on my own. I'm happier, healtheir and more outgoing. My only regret about having weight loss surgery is I didn't do it sooner! ~Tanja 448/264/148
Lovin2cu
on 7/23/05 11:33 pm - southbridge, MA
Hi Tanja, Good for you!!! Those darn movie seats are indeed a great accomplishment!!!! Just getting around easy is so worth the surgery. I too feel my only regret is not having the surgery earlier. Congrats on a job well done. Lisa in Mass 360/283/164
modeanryan
on 7/24/05 1:23 am - Duluth, GA
YAY Tanja!! How wonderful...snuggles with your hubby..no seat bruises AND a new notch on your belt! WHAT ELSE can ya ask for! ! THAT ROCKS!!! I am so happy for you! Hope your next rebirthday is as wonderful as your first! Tami
Danelle72
on 7/25/05 12:48 am - Las Vegas, NV
Tanja, Congrats on all your hard work!!! You are doing an amazing job. Keep up the great work. Love Danelle
deeno
on 7/25/05 12:54 am - Kokomo, IN
What a fantastic triumph! Keep up the good work. Onderland is closer than you think! Diana
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views