My re-birthday gift to myself

Lovin2cu
on 7/20/05 7:24 am - southbridge, MA
Hi to all my July friends... I gave myself an early "re" birthday present. I went out and traded my 2002 Dodge intrepid and bought a 2005 Toyota Rav 4, 5 speed, 4x4. I travel about 15 miles one way to work and after the last two winters we had I knew from the beginning of this year I needed four wheel drive. So, I decided that in July I would get a new car in celebration of my new start on life. I am still very concerned and struggling. I have only lost about 77 since the surgery and I started out being a "heavyweight". There isnt any "bad" food for me and I dont dump often. I can eat rice, pasta, etc. I try my best but it gets VERY frustrating. I am the same weight I was when I saw the surgeon on March 21st. Since January I have lost a total of 10 lbs. But, Im still very grateful. I go to Curves 3x a week faithfully and I just try to keep on keeping on... Anyone else treat themselves in celebration of the new start???? Lisa in Mass 360/283/164
(deactivated member)
on 7/20/05 8:20 am - Somewhere Else
That's great! Congrats! I didn't do a thing, didn't get anything...nothing...well I bought jeans but not really as a gift to myself, I just needed a pair.
JackieF
on 7/20/05 10:27 am - ObesityHelp Support Group Leader, NY
Hi Lisa, Congratulations on your 1 year and your new truck!!!! I didn't give myself anything or get anything either. Jackie
modeanryan
on 7/20/05 2:12 pm - Duluth, GA
I didn't do anything for myself, but I did put a post on my profile and on the Georgia board, and you know.. It FELT like it was my REAL birthday, for all the attention and support and well wished I got. What I DID get was taken out by new honey that I have been with for 5 months now. I have been divorced 13yrs, and had completely resigned myself to being alone for the rest of my days. If you had told me a year ago, that I would be dating such an amazing guy, one who treats me right, is not a loser and someone that may ACTUALLY make me rethink my "I'll ABSOLUTELY NEVER REMARRY" theory, I would have told you that you were HIGH! LOL! Life is soooo wonderful now, and looks to get better and better. Lisa, you've done so well... don't belittle your 77lbs. it's 77lbs that you are damaging your body with any longer!! Thanks for sharing and ENJOY that new Rav!!! Tami
Dawn H.
on 7/20/05 8:25 pm - Jersey CIty, NJ
Lisa Hi .. I guess we have similar taste in presents I also bought myself a Rav4..in that beautiful shiny Blue with Grey accents... I LOVE it Happy Rebirthday! Dawn
IrishIze
on 7/20/05 9:41 pm - NJ
I didn't get anything for myself because I didn't think about it. Now that I'm thinking about it, maybe a manicure and a pedicure will fit the bill!!! Congratulations on your weight loss and all the best of luck with the new Rav!! Hugs, Nancy 277/159/150
cindy m.
on 7/21/05 9:29 am - Trenton, MO
HI Lisa!!! HAPPY RE-BIRTHDAY Nice present!!!! You are doing great....keep up the good work!!! I guess my present to myself was our big vacation........ HUGS ~Cindy~
jcordell
on 7/22/05 1:46 pm - TX
Lisa, happy rebirthday! Enjoy your new Toy...and hang in there! Have a GREAT weekend! Jeff -119
Marcy B.
on 7/24/05 1:41 pm - West Bloomfield, MI
My God Lisa, we are twins...honestly! I was at 367 before the surgery I am at 282 now... I rarely dump..can eat most everything...and the scale hasn't moved since March ( except 3 weeks ago when it jumped to 299 and I damned near had a heart attack!! ) I am having some problems with swelling in my legs and fluid retention which one doctor thinks is lymphedema. But I don't know if that has anything to do with the painfully slow weight loss. I guess we have to take it one day at a time.It proves one thing though...we DO have sluggish metabolisms...but we knew that all along, right??? I know a nurse who has taken 4 years to get all of her weight off. and she weighed over 400lbs. Its very frustrating and depressing at times when everyone else owns the bragging rights to these major weight losses and we are bringing up the rear... But what else can we do about it but be what we are..&.keep on keeping on, right??? So I just wanted to respond so you know that you are not the only one out there struggling...( i do wish some other " heavyweight slow losers would fess up so we could commisserate together...don't you?.E-mail me if you feel like it. Lets go thrugh this long journey together.... Marcy 367/282/165
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views