1 Year ago reflection "HAPPY & SAD"!!!!!!!!!!!

NadineM
on 7/18/05 10:24 am - Vancouver, WA
One year ago today I lay in bed crying myself to sleep..."What in the hell am I doing"????????? I struggled like crazy to make this decision. Today I lie in bed and have to pinch myself what has all happened. I have lost 97 pounds (goal was 100) but that's ok....... I have surpassed the Dr.'s goal to be about 120-125# I wear a size 2-4 which I never thought was possible. I shop in the Juniors Dept. and feel really really OLD...LOL but all this was possible because I was not willing to live the way I was; uncomfortable, aching, in pain etc.... I am so blessed that things have gone so well and have really only had 1 complication (hernia repair 8 mo. out). I feel so bad reading about others problems...I just wi**** were so easy for everyone. The sad part of all this is I feel so guilty that I have not taken better care of myself. I am still a "sugar/sweet" addict and have not worked out for 4-6 months. I did just restart my gym so hopefully I can get back on track. Summer is here finally so I will be outside more. Some days I eat like crap and don't get my protein or water in and keep wondering if I will end up ill.... because I don't follow the rules? I do take my vitamins religiously so that's one area I have followed. But I can't stop myself...I feel like I am out of control with not eating right. Some days I am so busy I just don't even eat really until later about 4:00 because I am on the go. I don't drink sodas but do have my 1-2 lattes daily (Sugar free). I try to take a protein bar with me but end up forgetting about it. I drink a glass of red wine maybe 1-2 a week. I over stuff myself when I eat (eyes still bigger then stomach syndrome). I ask myself why do I do these things that I know are bad??? Anyhow......HAPPY ANNIVERSARY JULY BABIES...thanks for all your support. Sometimes I don't message back but every couple months I peek in on everyone and read how your all doing.....So proud of everyone...keep up the good work, and we will all be OK! Hugs, Nadine 230 highest weight 213 consult day 203 surgery day 116 today Goal 110
GailD
on 7/18/05 10:48 am - Racine, WI
Happy Anniversary, Nadine! You have done an awesome job with your weight loss! Don't be so hard on yourself! You're not gaining any weight, right? So, yeah, maybe you should be more careful about protein and water...just for your health's sake...but none of us are perfect. We all just do the best we can. It's a whole new life style! Thanks for checking in! Gail D. 252/137/135 -115
NadineM
on 7/18/05 11:05 am - Vancouver, WA
Thank you Gail....you look "awesome" as well!!!!!!!!!!!! I know it hards not to beat ourselves up......but I keep wondering do I need therapy?? LOL OH...to top it all off I turn 40 in a few months...Uggghhhh! Anyhow, thanks for your kind words of encouragement!!! Nadine
Danelle72
on 7/18/05 11:10 am - Las Vegas, NV
OMG Nadine, You are so gorgeous!!! You have done such an amazing job. Wow I can'tr believe how great you look. I could only dream of seeing 116. It must feel so great. I will be happy if I can get to 125 thats my surgeons goal for me. Congrats on all your success. You are amazing. Luv Danelle
modeanryan
on 7/18/05 1:52 pm - Duluth, GA
Girl You are Gorgeous!!! Isn't it WONDERFUL!! This past year has been a blast! I have been fortunate like you...probably even more so, as no hernia problems... Thank goodness for this wonderful tool we have been givenA!! Congratulations!! Tami
IrishIze
on 7/18/05 11:15 pm - NJ
Happy Re-Birthday, my surgery twin!! You are looking gorgeous!!! As they say on the main board, we had surgery on our stomachs, not our heads, so I don't think we should assume that post-surgery the emotional eating issues will be gone. I figure that the surgery was a step in getting my eating addiction under control. I still have times that I eat the wrong things and the impulse is too hard to resist, but I am SO much more aware of triggers and things that set me off. I try to think of every day as a learning experience. As long as we do our best, we'll be fine!! Congratulations again!!! Hugs, Nancy 277/160/150
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views