A year and A day Later

Seeker
on 7/14/05 10:12 pm - Dayton, OH
First off, I just want to say WOWOWOWWWW!!! July 14, 2004 Just 5 days after my 42nd birthday, I entered the hospital tipping the scales at 310 lbs. At least 5 of those pounds were from the week long food gorge I put myself thru right before my surgery. I was taking 5 - 6 blood pressure pills. July 15, 2005 I now tip the scales at 171. I type before you - happy as hell astounded as I realize that the smile that I thought I had lost after the RNY - an massive infection a month later that spread (2/3 rds of my incision) - scar tissue removal (excess tissue as a result of the infection - I had to heal from the inside out) - and a massive hematoma that opened that wound - THE SMILE IS BACK!!!!! But never fear gentle reader - I sit here smiling - happy. And still shocked when I walk past a mirror and look for the other part of me. Latest wow moment - out door City Folk Festival in downtown Dayton and those dreaded metal folding chairs were spread out on the grass beside the tent. And the chair did not do the creaky sinky thing! And, I now only take 2 blood pressure pills. I can have a hershey kiss - and last night I had 2 medium slices of deep dish pizza. It took me 5 1/2 hours to eat both slices but that is not the point. I had pizza! And it was good. These days, I shop in a teeny bopper store (my daughter is the assistant manager). I have too much sag at this point to hit the beach in a bikini but maybe in a year or so. Though I could do a wetsuit - and it would keep me warm! I had to have my wedding ring resized to keep it on my finger. My watch slides up and down my wrist and I am stepping out of my shoes. This weight loss thing is getting to be expensive in unexpected ways but I do love shopping. I do however miss the fat that resided in my chest. It's like someone let the air out of a pair balloon. So if you are watching the news one day and see a 43 year old grandmother of 2 grinning like an idiot being arrested for indecent exposure - Just start a collection for bail - heeeheeeeheeeee
Tara118
on 7/15/05 10:50 am - Trenton, OH
Treva, you are a hoot!! Congrats on your success. We are almost equal on weight start and total weight loss. Not only that we live SOOOO close!! Where does your daughter work?? Keep up the good work. So glad to hear that you have a big smile on your face!! I wonder if it is as big as mine!! Tara 305/166 Met goal on 6/18/05 -139
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views