Poll Research - Results

bobby s
on 7/14/05 3:07 am - Central, FL
OK...I know this may be too nerdy for some of you, but my anal-retentive nature just compels me to do this type of thing, so bear with me.... As you know every two months or so I ask everyone how they are doing in their weight loss journey. Well, here are the results of those..... - At two months post-op, 30 respondants averaged a weight loss of 32% of their excess weight. - At four months post-op, 28 respondants averaged 51%. - At six months post-op, 30 respondants averaged 61%. - At eight months, 33 respondants averaged 67%. - At 10 months, 24 respondants averaged 71.8%. - At 1 year, 31 respondants averaged 79.5%. The average starting weight for the respondants is around 304 pounds with an average goal of losing 152 pounds. So why all of this? Simple. You hear all the time that WLS is not effective in really obese people trying to lose weight. (This was the reason my insurance company would not pay for WLS). Really? Looks like the July 2004 group is doing pretty darn good if you ask me!!! I know this isn't a scientific study or anything, but 79.5% in one year is AMAZING!!! That includes surgeries of all types, procedures, and surgeons. Congratulations all you July-babies!!!! Way to go for proving them WRONG!!!! Bobby
Deejay
on 7/14/05 5:05 am - Sparks, NV
what a great post Bobby! thanks for all the info and keeping track etc. Way to go July babies!!!! Deejay 259/158/150 -101 8 more til goal!
GailD
on 7/14/05 11:09 am - Racine, WI
Hijack! Deejay! This is the first time I've seen your new avatar photo! I didn't even recognize you! You look fantastic! I went to your profile and checked out the whole photo. You look beautiful! Just had to pop-in and let you know! Gail D. -115
ileanak
on 7/14/05 10:27 pm - San Antonio, TX
OMG Deejay.... I didn't recognize you!!! You look great girl!! Ileana
deeno
on 7/14/05 5:16 am - Kokomo, IN
I'm so glad I participated in your survey. This is cool info. Thanks, Bobby! Diana
GailD
on 7/14/05 11:10 am - Racine, WI
Thanks, Bobby! I love how you find unique ways for us to look at our weight loss! I knew all of us July-babies were winners! Gail D. 252/137/135
ileanak
on 7/14/05 10:30 pm - San Antonio, TX
Thanks Bobby, for the post. It is really motivational and insipring to read it! Ileana
bobby s
on 7/16/05 3:30 am - Central, FL
I'm putting this together to present to my insurance company. Hopefully it will help someone else in the future looking for surgery. Thank you all for a job well done!!!
us2bfat C.
on 7/16/05 10:21 pm - selden, NY
wow!!!! Stacy
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits