Anniversary of my Rebirth!

Mary M.
on 7/9/05 6:26 am - Neverland, CA
Today is my one year anniversary of my rebirth, I owe so much to my wonderful surgeon Dr. Hamamji that has saved my life and his wonderful staff, Heidi the bariatric coordinator, Kathleen our registered dietician and the entire office staff for all their support and continued guidance. When I reflect back on this past year my journey has been tremendous. Not only have I lost -211 pounds, I have gained knowledge of my body, how it works and what it needs in order for me to remain healthy. Theses are essential keys that I must hold onto for the remainder of my journey. I am 24 lbs away from my doctors weight goal of 180 lbs and 57 lbs from my personal weight goal of 147 lbs. I can now walk with no pain, have energy to keep up with my three children and live life to its fullest. I exercise anywhere from 90 minutes to 3 hours a day at the gym and truly have begun to enjoy the cardio, weight resistance training, water aerobics, pilates, yoga and all my other activities. I neither feel nor look like that Mary that in existed a year ago, for she is dead and a new stronger healthier Mary has emerged like a butterfly that has broken through from her cocoon; it does not come without a struggle, nonetheless my wings of freedom and beauty are worth all the roads I have traveled on my journey that I have undertaken and will remain on for the remainder of my life, as it is a life long commitment.
Monna W.
on 7/9/05 12:03 pm - Susanville, CA
You have expressed many of my feelings. I do not have the words to tell how wonderful my life has become since I had the surgery. Congratulations. Monna
Danelle72
on 7/10/05 1:33 am - Las Vegas, NV
Mary, First let me just say CONGRATS!!! That is amazing. You look great. What a change. You are doing an awsome job. Keep up the great work. Love Danelle
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views