One year and 2 days

Monna W.
on 7/8/05 12:43 pm - Susanville, CA
I didn't post on my anniversary date because I left early to go to Reno to go shopping. I was looking for a nice dress for my high school reunion. That was great fun. Was trying discount stores because I didn't want to spend a lot on an outfit I won't be able to wear very long. Finally at Ross I found 4--yes, FOUR-- dresses that I would wear and fit. I bought 2 of them. I am to be the MC at our banquet and will do the roll call of departed classmates at our memorial service. I have lost 157 lbs. and feel wonderful. I have been able to stop my last diabetic medication this past week and my blood sugars are right where they should be. This past year has been a wonderful time. I am alive today because I had WLS. Every day I thank God for my wonderful surgeon, my physicians who cleared me for surgery, the wonderful people on this board, and , of course, my supportive family. Hope all of you have wonderful anniversaries. Monna
(deactivated member)
on 7/8/05 3:39 pm - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Happy anniversary! It's so awesome that you are no longer taking your diabetic medicine! That alone makes surgery worth it. Pamela -106
Monna W.
on 7/9/05 12:00 pm - Susanville, CA
And I am so proud of you. You have had some rough times, but you keep hanging in there. I admire you very much. Monna
IrishIze
on 7/10/05 9:55 pm - NJ
Monna, my friend, you are an inspiration to us all!!! Happy Re-Birthday - what a fantastic year it has been!!!! Hugs, Nancy -116
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views