1-Yr Anniversary--113 lbs gone!

lsutiger80
on 7/7/05 2:18 pm - Metairie, LA
7/7/05 HAPPY 1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY!!! Well, today is my ONE year anniversary for my DS Surgery. I weighed in today at 111.5 lbs. Although my surgeon's goal weight for me is 110--I'm not disappointed I missed it by 1.5 lbs (I actually don't have my 1 year check up until the 20th so I just may be at 110 by then). Anyway, I think I look a little bit better at 115-118. I have to realize that I haven't explored the PS to any great extent yet so that will account for a few lbs. I travelled to Birmingham, Atlanta, and KY for the summer vacation/4th Holiday. I hadn't seen my ex-husband in over 2 years. Well, I had to bring the kids to Atlanta for them to visit with him. I wish I had a picture of his face when he saw me for the first time with all this weight gone. I actually weigh about 12-15 lbs less than when we first met 18 years ago. Believe me, I was made up and dressed to kill for this encounter. I was so gracious and fun-loving it was unbelievable. Nothing could break the mood I was in. It felt so good to be in control of my weight, emotions, actions. It just all came together at the perfect time. A part of me was a bit sad for the simple fact that my ex could never get passed the weight issue after I had our children to appreciate the woman I truly am inside and out. One evening we all (kids and me) went to dinner with my ex and his parents at Houston's. It was a good evening and everyone had a great time. What made this even more enjoyable was that I could eat and drink anything I desired. My ex and ex-in laws were watching intently to see how I ate (or didn't eat) based on the lack of information they had heard about WLS (or should I say RNY). I looked and acted--and ate--normally! They thought I would not be eating anything at all or just like a little bird. NOT ME!!! All in all the visit to Atlanta was very good and well worth it. I am more and more appreciative of my fiance', Bruce, who has stood by me through so much these past 5 years. He has loved me and my children regardless of my weight, depression, financial difficulties, a child with developmental disabilities and much more. Seeing my ex made me appreciate Bruce even more. I am glad my health is so much better so that I have much more to give to Bruce and my children for years to come. As I reflect on this past year, I am so grateful for all the support and prayers I have received from everyone on OH and friends and family that have gone through all the problems that I had to contend with over the first several months. All of those issues pale in comparison to how much better I feel about myself and my future. I hope to make some life plans that include getting off of disability (which was not related to my weight initially) and returning to gainful employment. My future has unlimited possibilities. For those who are interested, I picked up my 1-year lab results today (drawn on 6/23/05). Things look great. There were only a few things that were out of range but nothing that causes great concern. The following are my results: Comprehensive Metabolic Panel--Final Results Glucose 85 Urea Nitrogen 13 Creatinine 0.7 Calcium 9.8 Sodium 143 Potassium 3.4 Chloride 103 Protein, Total 7.5 Albumin-Serum 5.2 Bilirubin, Total 1.0 AST (SGOT) 33* *Reference range is 0-31 Alkaline Phosphatase 131** **Reference range is 45-130 Carbon Dioxide, CO2 27 ALT (SGPT) 46*** ***Reference range is 0-31 CBC--Final Results WBC 5.34 RBC 4.03 HGB 12.1 HCT 37.9 MCV 94.0 MCH 30.0 MCHC 31.9**** ****Reference range is 32-36 RDW 12.8 Automated Differential--Final Results Gran % 63.5 Lymph % 28.8 Mono % 5.4 Eosinophil % 1.9 Basophil % 0.4 Gran # 3.4 Automated Differential--Final Results Lymph # 1.5 Mono # 0.3 Eos # 0.1 Baso # 0.0 Platelet Count 224 Mean Platelet Volume 12.4 Cholesterol 131 Triglycerides 79 High Density Liporote 48.0 Low Density Liporote 67.2 HDL Cholesterol Ratio 36.6 Total Cholesterol/HDL 2.7 THS 2.1 Pre-Albumin 25 Hemoglobin A1C 4.2**** *****Reference range 4.5-6.2 Ferritin 81.4 Folate >24.0 Homocysteine, Plasma 7.5 Magnesium 2.4 Vitamin D, 25 Hydroxy D2 & D3 25-Hydroxy D2 Diana or Amanda--what do the tests/numbers that are out of range mean? Hemoglobin A1C 4.2 *****Reference range 4.5-6.2 MCHC 31.9 ****Reference range is 32-36 AST (SGOT) 33 *Reference range is 0-31 Alkaline Phosphatase 131 **Reference range is 45-130 ALT (SGPT) 46 ***Reference range is 0-31 God bless, Rhonda 225/111.5/110
deeno
on 7/8/05 4:46 am - Kokomo, IN
Congrats on your 1 year anniversary! Wish I could have seen your ex's face, too. Bet it was priceless. **Check with your doc regarding the numbers "outside the norm". I consider the "norm" just a guideline. If you're a little over/under--not a big deal. If you're A LOT over/under....welll....time to see why. It may also matter what combination of things is over/under, too.
Tara118
on 7/8/05 8:32 am - Trenton, OH
OMG OMG OMG Rhonda!!!! I had to go to your profile to see who you were. I knew the name sounded familiar. HOLY COW!! You look amazing and are the poster child for looking 10 yrs younger!!! I also would have LOVED to see your EX's face!!! Hee Hee!!! You go girl!! You look AMAZING!! Tara 305/166 Met goal on 6/18/05 -139
(deactivated member)
on 7/8/05 3:44 pm - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
WOW! What a difference one tiny little year has made! I have no idea what all those numbers mean in your bloodwork, but I'm glad that you are happy and healthy. Happy anniversary! Pamela -106
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views