Its Been Almost a Year

pflugerchick
on 7/7/05 5:53 am - Elizabeth, CO
Three weeks from today I will be celebrating my 1st Anniversary of my surgery. I have lost ONE HUNDRED and EIGHTEEN POUNDS. I have only to lose twenty-seven more pounds then I will be at the goal set for me by my surgeon. I can't believe that I am only SIX pounds heavier that I was when I went on my first diet at the tender age of 12. I have gone from a size 32 to a size 12. Everyday I look in the mirror and see a different person, a happier and healthier person. I won't lie, I have not been the perfect patient. I have fallen off the wagon on several occasions, but everytime I do I pick myself up and get right back on track. I have been working out with a great personal trainer who has me running a whole mile non-stop. I could not even do that when I was in High School!! She has me lifting weights doing squats around the track and has even taught me that ab workouts can be fun!! I no longer wake up with aches and pains and I am enjoying my life for the first time ever. I even went out in public with a bathing suit last month, amazing!!!! I went Whitewater rafting in June through the Royal Gorge and had an amazing time. Pre-Surgery I would not have even considered it a possiblity. I am so proud of all the work that I have done, I know that I still have work to do and that this is a life long commitment, but I am up to the challenge. I have been lucky to have a supportave group of friends and two very special friends L & K who also had the surgery in the weeks following my own. I have never been alone and I always had someone to lean on and for that I am very greatful. - Its been a great year, what new adventure awaits?
ileanak
on 7/7/05 6:53 am - San Antonio, TX
You are an inspirationto us all Victoria! Keep up that positive attitude and you will go anywhere you want! Ileana
Mary M.
on 7/7/05 9:25 am - Neverland, CA
Congrats to you on your weight loss sucess hugs, Mary
(deactivated member)
on 7/8/05 3:49 pm - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Happy anniversary! Congratulations on your scale victories as well as your non-scale victories! I absolutely cannot fathom running 50 yards, let alone an entire mile. What a wonderful accomplishment! Pamela 352/246/150
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views