1 year ago today!!

deeno
on 7/5/05 11:54 pm - Kokomo, IN
Happy anniversary to me!! Last year, in my last few days before surgery, I spent time with my family as we do every 4th of July. We go to Michigan, and spend time together eating, boating, being lazy, and watching fireworks. We have a great time together, and look forward to this holiday as much if not more than Christmas. One family member makes the most amazing egg rolls. Last year I must have eaten 15 or more (they are skinny, but 15!! sheesh!). It was my goal this year to be able to eat at least one. I did--I actually ate 4--not at once of course. They were delicious. This year I was able to get in the boat without using the ladder when we were in shallow water. Hubby and I had a lot more room in the tent together, and the air mattress didn't sink as much! I was not afraid to be in family pictures, and I didn't hide behind kids. I didn't get tired, although I enjoyed being lazy off and on. I fit better in lawn chairs. My nephew (9 yr old) sat on my lap while I was sitting in a lawn chair, and I wasn't afraid the chair would break. But my favorite thing is still crossing my legs. Really! It has been an amazing year for me. I lost 70 pounds in 6 months, and have struggled to lose since then. But, these 70 pounds have made a big difference for me (pun intended). I was a size 24w and going up, and now I'm a 16 regular in most things and dare I hope going down?? Even if I don't lose another pound on my own, I will have some skin removed this fall. This will get me into a size 14 or even a 12 which was my goal from the start. I am ~20 pounds over my goal weight, and I am at peace with this. Do I think I will continue to lose? Yes. Will I lose it all? Maybe. Am I happy with that? Definately. Every day for the past year I have thanked my lucky stars, and I will continue to do so for many years to come. Diana
Mary M.
on 7/6/05 12:30 am - Neverland, CA
Congradulations on your success! Happy Aniversary Hugs, Mary
brittypie
on 7/6/05 12:46 am - Chicago, IL
RNY on 07/01/04 with
Diana, I loved reading your post and have to agree that one of the best things for me too is crossing my legs. It makes you feel feminine again!!! I am a slowwww loser right along with you and I would love to lose about 25 more pounds. Will I? Who knows. My one year anniversary was 7/1 and I am quite happy with myself. I have lost about 75 pounds and I am loving life!!! Take care!!!
Deejay
on 7/6/05 9:13 am - Sparks, NV
Happy Anniversary Diana! I'm struggling to lose now too and desperately need skin removal as well. I'm happy though and would do it over again in a heartbeat. Congrats on your success so far! Deejay 257/158/150 -99 8 more til goal...will I ever get there?
Towanda Strong3
on 7/8/05 9:18 pm - Somewhere in, CT
Diana! I am right with you sister! Re: your statment about getting to goal.... My cognitive therapist (support group leader) says, "while we have that 18 month window that we strive to lose the weight within, we do have a lifetime to get healthy and to our repsective goals." I feel the same as you. I am about 10-15 lbs from goal (mine and my nutritionists , not the darned charts! Egads! At 5'0" I would have to only weigh about 2lbs! ) and will continue to work towards that, but if I were to stop losing today I would be ok with what I have done so far. CONGRATS on your success! Towanda
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views