1 Yr Ago Today!

Towanda Strong3
on 7/5/05 8:40 pm - Somewhere in, CT
...I was walking into Norwalk Hospital for my surgery. This puppy has NO REGRETS. My life has changed so much since beginning this journey. I have been given not only the tool of gastric bypass, but new tools from the psychologist(s) (MARY ZILLER and ANNE MATA) who run our support groups...a new look on life...learning how to live my life without abusing my body and misusing food. I have been given the guidance of how and what to eat from my nutritionist extraordinaire, NANCY MURPHY. The support groups are part of my lifeline and help give me an understanding of my relationship with food and the world. I have met some of the most awesome people while on this path to both physical and emotional health. Gratefully, I will move into this day knowing that I have the possibility and hope to live a vibrant and long(er) life as a direct result of persuing WLS. I am grateful to Dr. Floch and his awesome staff (DANIELLE...you are TOP OF THE LIST!) for giving me the opportunity to realize my dream of getting results from eating properly, and exercising regularly. Hats off to FAIRFIELD COUNTY BARIATRICS and one awesome program they offer their patients...for being there every step of the way. Hats off to OH for giving all of us the opportunity to commune with and learn from one another. Towanda The path is open or new discovery...yes indeedy.
ileanak
on 7/5/05 10:05 pm - San Antonio, TX
Well put Towanda!!!! Happy re-birthday! ! ! ! ! Ileana
Julie 22
on 7/5/05 10:37 pm - NC
Congratulations Towanda! We share the same surgery day! It has been one fantastic year, hasn't it? I am so grateful to this website & all the wonderful people that I have met here. Last year at this time I was weighing 248 lbs. & wearing a 22/24. Today I am 140 lbs. & I wear a size 8. I know that if I didn't have the extra skin on the tummy, hips & thighs I would be in a 6, but no big deal! I am just so happy that I physically feel 100 times better than I did a year ago! Take care, Julie 5'3" 248/140/135 -108
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views