need a few prayers

Jennifier1
on 6/24/05 10:20 am - Weirton, WV
What a week it has been!!!! It seems like I keep getting more and more stressful news everytime I turn around this week. It's been so hard not to turn to food to comfort myself like I used to. My fiance has to go back to his old job in New Jersey for the next sixth months so I'll be out here in Ohio all alone planning the wedding while he only comes home on weekends. We thought long and hard and it's the right thing for us in the long term but short term it's going to be so difficult. My cousin had to have a tumor removed last Friday that was the size of a football and had totally encircled his kidney. The biopsy came back that it was cancer but they think they got all of it at this point. They biopsied some lymph nodes and those came back ok, so I think he's going to be ok. My mom went to the doctor this week and they ordered a stress test since it's been six years since her last one after her heart attack. The cardiologist called immediately the next morning that something was wrong and she needs to have a heart cath on Wednesday. When I called to tell my fiance about this today he told me that his uncle had passed away this morning of a heart attack. So now we have some pretty major stuff going on with both of our families. I got a call from a school I applied to for teaching and they want me to interview with them next week, so I pray that turns into something positive. So I called to let my fiance know about this and he tells me to hold on, his mom was beeping in on the other line. He comes back to me and says that his mom was calling to let him know that his aunt (the one whose husband had passed away an hour or so before) had just had a massive stroke and they were life-flighting her to Rochester hospital in New York. We are leaving for New Jersey in about two hours for the weekend. His niece is being Christened on Sunday and he's going to be the Godfather. I just pray no more bad news comes our way. If you all could say a few prayers I'd really appreciate it. I'm sorry this is so long and I've rambled a bit but I needed to get it all down in writing instead of attacking a bag of potato chips or something. Thanks for all your support. Jen
Monna W.
on 6/24/05 10:50 am - Susanville, CA
What a lot of stresses!! You are in my prayers. Monna
Danelle72
on 6/24/05 12:18 pm - Las Vegas, NV
I.m so sorry Jen. Prayers are defenitly coming your way. I really hope things get better for you guys. That is really rough. Take care and have a safe trip. Danelle
IrishIze
on 6/24/05 10:41 pm - NJ
Wow, Jen - what a lot of stuff to deal with! Sometimes it seems like things just go from bad to worse, but I'm praying that everything works out. I know it's tough going through all of this right now, but remember, that which doesn't kill us makes us stronger. Hang in there, and know that we all love and support you. BTW, if you scarf down a bag of chips nothing is going to change except you'll feel guilty on top of everything else... Hugs, Nancy -116
Tara118
on 6/25/05 1:04 am - Trenton, OH
Oh my goodness Jen!! How rough!! I am reading this with my mouth gaped open. They say God doesn't give you more than you can handle. He must really be trusting you a lot right now!! I will pray that all goes well. I also pray those 6 months your fiance is gone goes by quickly and that you get that teaching job. I wish I was closer to you in Ohio so we could hang out to try to help make that time go quickly and I could give you a big HUG when you need it. Tara
ileanak
on 6/27/05 12:13 am - San Antonio, TX
Keep your chin up Jen, we are all sending out our best to you! Ileana
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits