fountain of youth....

deeno
on 6/21/05 6:29 am - Kokomo, IN
I saw my mom this weekend--had a great time at the Illinois Special Olympics summer games (8 year old nephew swims). I was carrying my mom's suitcase for her. She said, "You're the same size you were back in 8th grade"--I think I was ~a size 14/16 then. I'm a 16 now, so she was pretty dead on. My mom's cousin was also there at the games and she told me that I look younger since my weight loss. How can I argue with these wonderful compliments? I loved it. Many people who have seen me over the last 2 months keep telling me that I'm still losing weight. My scale hasn't changed since the end of January. I stopped measuring after having 1 stalled month of no weight change/or inches lost (this was back in April when I was getting fed up with the stall--I'm OK with it now, but would still like to lose at least 10 more before plastic surgery). So, for my 1 year anniversary, I will be taking my measurements again and comparing them to my measurements from July 2004. I'm sure it will make me feel great, even with this lack of weight loss. Diana
ileanak
on 6/21/05 6:37 am - San Antonio, TX
Diana, You do look fabulous! The compliments do help me remember that I am 150 times better today than I was a year ago. So when my scale doesn't move the way I want it to, I just remember how great it feels to excercise and hit the gym!...LOL Good luck!!! Ileana
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views