anyone have..

Deejay
on 6/17/05 6:48 am - Sparks, NV
an 8 week or longer plateau with not one lb lost and began losing again? I'm so frustrated I can't stand it. I've been at 161.5 since 5/6/05. About 5 of those weeks I fluctuated up to 164 and back to 161.5 again. Today I'm 161.5 after I've upped my days at the gym 3 weeks ago to 5 days a week instead of 3-4 like I usually do and a week ago I stopped eating ANYTHING that was carb in anyway except for a bite or 2 of a carb with dinner after all my protein. I've been sitting at 161.5 for a full week with no fluctuation at all and killing myself with working out and eating so strict since the workout upping didn't do it alone. I wasn't super strict before but not out of control either, I would allow myself the treats here and there and probably more then I should have but nothing like the old days. I don't drink a ton of water but I drink alot of ice tea (decaf) and fat free milk as well. I have ALOT LOT LOT of extra skin and I'm just wondering if this is where I stop and just need to remove some skin. I have a consultation with a PS in August but I'd hoped I'd be close to goal by then. I'm so frustrated! Anyone have an 8wk+ long plateau and still losing? Thanks everyone! Deejay 257/161/150 -96 STILL! 11lbs til goal if I ever get there!
IrishIze
on 6/17/05 12:41 pm - NJ
Deejay, how frustrated you must be!! I have to tell you that I was losing very slowly for quite awhile. Then, I quit exercising and started to lose again. I find I have to mix it up a bit. If you're being strict with eating and increasing your exercise, your body may be holding on to all it can. What about the milk? I think that's kind of carby? On my container there are 12 carbs per cup. I guess it depends on how much you drink. I wish I knew the answer Deejay. I guess in the end, if you are exercising, watching calorie intake, restricting carbs and keeping your protein high, you will have to eventually lose more weight....right??? Hang in there surgery day twin!! You'll make your goal!! Hugs, Nancy -116
Deejay
on 6/17/05 12:46 pm - Sparks, NV
Hi Nancy! thanks for replying! I thought the same with the milk too. I usually have about 2 - 8oz glasses a day but its just about my only carb intake too. I don't think there's anything left I can possibly do. Tomorrow I'm cutting back to one glass of milk and see what happens. At this rate its GOT to be a plateau and no matter what it will come off when it wants cuz I can't do much else then I am now. Thanks for the reassurance, it helps to get another perspective. Hugs, Deejay 257/161/150 -96
IrishIze
on 6/17/05 9:25 pm - NJ
What about the plateau buster diet? Are you up for that? I think it helped Diana and a couple of others here. N.
Deejay
on 6/17/05 11:30 pm - Sparks, NV
Thats my next step! Does anyone have a copy of it?
Deejay
on 6/18/05 12:03 am - Sparks, NV
OMG! I weighed this morning and was 160.5!!!!! woohoo!! it finally moved! 1lb!! yay!!! Must have been your encouragement Nancy! thank you!! Deejay 257/160/150 -97 10lbs til goal!
IrishIze
on 6/18/05 12:14 am - NJ
WooHoo!! I'm so happy for you Deejay!!! Let's hope this continues for both of us!! Here's the plateau buster plan: #1 - Do this for 10 days to break a plateau #2 - Drink 2 quarts of water a day #3 - You must have 45 grams of protein supplement and all your vitamins/minerals supplements each day (some suggest at least 60 and up to 80 gr) #4 - You may consume up to 3 oz of the following high protein foods, 5x a day beef pork chicken turkey lamb fish eggs low fat cheese cottage cheese plain yogurt or artificially sweetened (?) peanut butter beans/legumes You may also have: sugar free popsicles tea or coffee sugar free soda sugar free jello broths/bullion (sp?) crystal light drinks #5 - If it's not on the list, you can't have it for 10 days!!!! #6 - Keep a food diary and try to get up to 30 mins of exercise daily N.
us2bfat C.
on 6/18/05 11:47 am - selden, NY
nanc woooo hooooo youre down more woooo hooooo Stacy
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits