60 second approval

JustHat
on 6/16/05 3:58 pm - NM
I called TriWest today to see if the doctor had finally submitted my paperwork for my TT. To my surprise, it was not only submitted, but APPROVED! The guy on the phone gave me the authorization number and said I would be receiving something in the mail. I asked if he could fax a copy to me. Nope, they only do that for providers. But, he would give me all of the information. After giving me the authorization number and the dates I need to have the surgery by, he says "Oh wait. There is something here." Then I am on hold for 2 minutes. He comes back and says that there is another page to my approval that says I am NOT approved. He says if I give him a minute, he will try and find out what is going on. 5 minutes later, he says that I am not approved, but not denied either. They need more info from the doctor. I went through such exteamly range of emotions during that call. I just don't see how I can have an approval number but not be approved. Of course when I called the doctor's office right after getting off the phone, the insurance gal is out until Monday. She is the only one that can find out what else they need. So, that is my big update. Hat
ileanak
on 6/16/05 10:05 pm - San Antonio, TX
Keep your chin up, Hat. Remember what we all went through to get the surgery and fight our insurance companies..... just remember to document, document, document and the fight, fight fight~~ Good luck! Ileana
IrishIze
on 6/16/05 10:15 pm - NJ
Now that they have you losing your mind, you need to find out if they will pay for a nice long stay in the psych ward. I know it's not funny and I don't understand how they could do this to you...and now you have to wait until Monday to find out????? All I can say is I hope you don't get the usual runaround when you speak to the insurance lady... Fingers still crossed for you! Hugs, Nancy -116
Monna W.
on 6/17/05 2:13 am - Susanville, CA
Hang in there, Girl. It will all come to pass. Insurance companies are so difficult to work with--if they can pur it off long enough, maybe you will give up. That's my theory any way. Monna
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views