How slow is Too Slow??

joolee
on 6/14/05 8:38 am - Mira Loma, CA
I'm 11 mos. post op and I've noticed that my weight loss has increasingly slowed down over the last 3 -4 months. I'm lucky if I've lost 15 pounds total over the last 4 months. My eating patterns haven't changed much. I eat 5 small meals per day. My food intake is usually like this: Breakfast: 1 scrambled egg w/cheese Morning Snack: 1 light yogurt Lunch: 1/2 turkey sandwich on wheat w/ lettuce and tomato Aft Snack: 6 medium strawberries Dinner: 1 taco w/corn tortilla, ground lean beef, lettuce, tomato, cheese and salsa. I'm not doing well with the water intake. I'm lucky if I get in 32 to 40 ounces per day. I'm also not very consistent with excersise but I get anywhere from 30 minutes to 1 hour 2 times per week of fast paced walking. I'm also taking birth control pills which may be keeping a little extra pounds on. But I don't want to get pregnant at least until I'm 18 months to 2 years out. I'm 45 pounds away from goal. So, what do you think is my problem? Why am I loosing so slowly? What can I do to boost my wieght loss into action? HELP!!
IrishIze
on 6/14/05 10:05 pm - NJ
Hi Joolee! You are NOT alone! We all seem to have slowed down with our weight loss. I think you're pretty average with the weight you've lost over the last 3-4 months. I'm coming to accept the fact that the days of quick and easy weight loss are done. Now I have to work at it and keep track of everything I put in my mouth. I do pretty good on the water, but sometimes have trouble with the carby foods. I was doing really well with exercise - walking about 3-4 miles a day, until the weather in the northeast got brutally hot. It's supposed to break today, so hopefully I'll be back to walking. I have heard that we will lose weight over 18-24 months without really working at it too much, but I know if I am not very careful, I can gain just as fast as I did pre-surgery, which is pretty scary. I still have about 15-20 more to lose, and I know I will do it, but it's just going to take a little more time. Hang in there!! Hugs, Nancy -113
ileanak
on 6/15/05 12:07 am - San Antonio, TX
Joolee, Keep your chin up. Most of us have slowed tremendously. I am lucky if I get rid of 4 lbs a month... And my family and friends call me a gym bunny!!! LOL. Your water intake is crucial. There is plenty of literature out there about this. For the average person, you should be drinking half an ounce of water per pound you weigh. (IE: I weigh 175, so I have to get 88.5 ounces a day.. minimum!) If you are very active (I go to the gym 6 days a week for 2+ hours), then you should be between half and 1 ounce per pound. I get in 89 to 105 ounces a day. The half an ouce per pound is to maintain everything in good working order. Remember, your skin is your largest organ, and you are compesed of 75% water. If you don't replenish, you won't get rid of toxins and waste. Don't lose faith, you can do it! Congratulations on what you have accomplished! Ileana
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views