Do you still drink protein "shakes" ?

heather_y
on 6/14/05 2:04 am - Goldsboro, NC
I am 11 mos. out and haven't had a protein shake in about 5 mos. ! My labs are fine....I assume I am getting enough protein. What do you do ??? Still drinking shakes or not ? Heather
MinnieMia
on 6/14/05 2:15 am - SC
I still have 2 a day without fail. I make them with only a little milk and mostly water now to save calories, though! I can't assume anything concerning my health so I log everything I eat into fitday. No sense taking chances, right? Bear in mind, some deficiencies take a long time to show up... MM
bugsmom
on 6/14/05 2:36 am - In Mom's House, CA
Yep, at least one every day. In the morning I have an AchievOne (love the caffeine) and then sometimes I have a second one in the afternoon if I feel I'm slagging. I expect to drink protein drinks for the rest of my life. Merritt
Traci K.
on 6/14/05 2:50 am - Sullivan, MO
Not protein shakes, but I do have one or two protein bars everyday. I just couldn't find a shake that I could tolerate without using milk. So I eat the bars, usually as a meal. I eat one every morning for breakfast and sometimes lunch or dinner, or a snack.
iowedad2
on 6/14/05 3:16 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 07/07/04 with
Heather, To be honest, I haven't taken any protein since my 3rd month out. I just always had a hard time with their taste and texture. I eat alot of cheese though and I think that's why my levels are ok. They have been on the low side but normal. Thanks Jaime
ileanak
on 6/14/05 3:30 am - San Antonio, TX
I drink a protein shake (made with skim milk) every morning for breakfast. And If I am not feeling like eating a solid meal at night, I'll make another with water.
ileanak
on 6/14/05 3:30 am - San Antonio, TX
I drink a protein shake (made with skim milk) every morning for breakfast. And If I am not feeling like eating a solid meal at night, I'll make another with water.
IrishIze
on 6/14/05 4:09 am - NJ
I rarely drink protein shakes any longer. The ones I like have way too many calories for something that goes through my pouchie so fast!! If I need to up my protein for the day, I'll add 1/2 scoop of Unjury to my lemonade or something. My protein levels were way up there last month, so I'm feeling good about that. I log everything onto fitday to get a good idea of where I'm at every day.... Hugs, nancy -112
JackieF
on 6/14/05 5:32 am - ObesityHelp Support Group Leader, NY
Hi everyone, Sorry I haven't neen on the board lately. My husband's father passed away 2 weeks ago and it's been crazy here. I still have at least 1 protein bar (I like power crunch) and 1 protein drink a day. I am absolutely hooked on the Achieve One Latte drinks. I have been putting them in the fridge and having it like iced coffee. I am also adding the nectar protein powder to either plain water or cyrstal light. I will admit that I have to make better choices with what I am eating lately, and I am trying. Sometimes you go back to the comfort foods, but I am trying to stay away from them. As Stacy and Nancy saw at the Obesity Help convention, I am not a cheese or egg person, so I have to get my extra protein other ways. I have even found low carb higher protein waffles at stop & shop. They are made by Van's. I eat them with sugar free syrup for breakfast at work. I have my 1 year check-up on July 13 and I have to go get my bloodwork done. The last time it was done, it was ok. Jackie 289/184/?
IrishIze
on 6/14/05 6:18 am - NJ
Hi Jackie.... ....all I have to say is, "how can you not like cheese????" Sorry, couldn't help it..... Good to see you around. I'm so sorry about your FIL. Hope things are getting back to normal. Luv ya! Nancy -112
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1114 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views