Small PS Update and long ramble on other things

JustHat
on 6/13/05 3:28 pm - NM
There is nothing to report. Absolutely nothing. I saw the PS at the beginning of May. He promised that they would send in the paperwork the following Monday. Four weeks later they say they are sending it in that day when I call them. Now, three weeks later, they still haven't made a move. Last week I called them again and told them that Triwest was requesting that they resubmit the paperwork. That was on a Tuesday. As of today, Triwest repots that nothng has been received. At the end of this month, I have an appointment with a different PS. I have decided that I will go to that appointment even though I have to pay $70 for the appointment. I'll just pay it and turn it in to Triwest to pay me back. If they do, good. If not, then oh well. I am bouncing between accepting my body the way it is and coughing up the money. Like I said before, we are hardly making it financially. But, I know if I want it bad enough, I will find a way. As far as my body goes, I am happy with it until the clothes come off. Then everything falls. Emotionally it is hard to look down and see that extra skin. Plus, there are some issues. The skin is starting to give me problems now that it is warmer. Plus, my breasts are constantly messed up. It is hard to imagine until you get to this point. But, when I put my bra on, it is a combination of rolling up and turning in on itself. And, sometimes it gets twisted and cuts off circulation. Plus, they are always wet when I set them free. On the other fronts, the barfing continues. Sometimes I feel like I could eat an entire cow. Then, other times like an hour ago, I am back to barfing my brains out with a small amount of food. Fried foods don't make me dump. But, greasy foods do. Dumping isn't all that bad. At least I get a good nap out of it after the barfing stops. I also have to watch my blood sugar. At least I guess that is what the problem is. Sometimes I turn pale and get the shakes. If I am at work, I trie and hide it. But, others can see it. Usually eating something helps. But, it knocks me out of commision for about an hour. I really hate that feeling. does anyone else have trouble shaving their arm pits? Mine are now sunken in so much that the razor is too big to get in. I really have to work the angles and usually miss sections. Seems like a funny problem to have, doesn't it? That should be enough for now. I have a couple of emails to asnwer and thn it is off to bed. I think the meat I ate was too greasy. I am still barfing a bit, but the need for sleep has set in. Thanks for all of the support over the past 10 1/2 months. OH is a great tool. For me, it is as improtant as exercising. Speaking of exercising, I have started again. I got up at 5 this moring and worked out. It is amazing how much easier it is without the extra 100+ pound working against me. Hat PS please excuss the typos and bad spelling. I am too tired to proof.
ileanak
on 6/13/05 9:53 pm - San Antonio, TX
How frustrating your dealings with the PS have been! I would definatly talk to the other PS. After all I believe the care and attention they pay to you before the surgery is a pretty good indication of how they will treat you after the surgery... when you really need the extra attention. I don't really have problems shaving my armpits, but would recommend waxing. You have done wonderfully Hat! Keep up the positive attitude. Ileana
Monna W.
on 6/14/05 1:14 am - Susanville, CA
My dear Hat, So sorry all the problems you are having with the PS. One plus thing, is the skin problems you are having with the excess skin can help is getting the surgery covered by insurance. Best of luck! Monna
(deactivated member)
on 6/14/05 1:50 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
I was just telling my husband about how much work it is to shave my armpits! The razor seems to get stuck in the loose skin. I can't imagine what it's going to be like when I lose the last 99lbs! I'm sorry that you're being given the runaround by the plastic surgeon. If he's this disorganized with the paperwork, maybe he's lousy in the OR as well. Hopefully you will get approval for at least some of your plastics. Pamela -103
IrishIze
on 6/14/05 4:19 am - NJ
Hat, it sounds like you need to lose Plastic Surgeon #1 and find Plastic Surgeon #2. Either the surgeon or his staff have been giving you the runaround and who needs that? If you've got a shot of having insurance covering it, go with someone who knows their stuff! Hugs, Nancy -112
deeno
on 6/14/05 6:34 am - Kokomo, IN
I'm with Nancy here. This doc and his staff can't even submit paperwork correctly. I don't think I'd let them cut on me. Hope you find the right people. Diana
JustHat
on 6/14/05 2:51 pm - NM
You guys are wonderful. Thanks for all of the support. I need to track down PS#2's number and find out exactly when the appointment is. If PS#1 hasn't submitted by then, I am going to see if the other one can get the job done. I am getting down to the wire. My insurance runs out the third week of August. I guess while I wait, I can hang out at Walmart and look for the perfect razor. Hat
Jessica D.
on 6/15/05 5:00 am - Two Harbors, MN
Hat, So I'm not the only girl who's armpits are the pits!! They're so sunken in it takes me forever, with tons of cuts to shave them... My sil who's always been skinny tells me she has no problems so I guess practise makes perfect!! We'll get it, have no fear!! As for the PS I get to have my first consult on the 30th, yeah!! I'm having somethings removed and some things added!! But my first consult is free... why would they charge you $70 bucks? I just don't get it, I'll tell you what though, submit or no submit I'd forget about PS#1, if they can't submit the paperwork properly forget slice and dice on my bod, jmo. Goodluck, let us know. Jessica 277/143/130 13 more to go!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views